MMPR - Puerta Vallarta, Mexico

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hiflyer731

I know I am double posting but does anybody have any information about the GA ramp at MMPR? Aerotron really sticks it to you from what I've heard so I wanted to get some info about the GA ramp and who I could contact.

Thanks!

I know I am double posting but does anybody have any information about the GA ramp at MMPR? Aerotron really sticks it to you from what I've heard so I wanted to get some info about the GA ramp and who I could contact.

Thanks!

We tried the GA ramp and there is really no services-customs, fuel, lav etc. At least any services in a timely manner. If you're bringing pax there, you need to go to Aerotron. If you're going on vacation with the family and dint mind the wait, go for it.

+1 on Aerotron. Was in there last year, and going again next month. Marriott was pretty nice. Anyone have any other recommendations on a place to stay? Any nice all-inclusives?

It's a game we have to play. If you aren't a regular, they can give you a hard time. If you have everything you need, you'll be fine. They just take their time. I believe they drag their feet so the you or your passengers will eventually tip them just to get things moving. I've been to multiple airports in MX hundreds of times. Had a really tough experience in Cancun the other day and went to Cozumel the next week and it was a breeze. Is what it is.

Last time I was in PV, we stayed at fiesta americana. I'd go back

We got in to MMPR Wednesday a little after 1200. It took a couple of minutes to figure out where to park and eventually a truck came and marshaled us to a spot. The crew deplaned but the passengers were told to wait in the plane until customs and immigration arrived. It took about 15-20 minutes for everyone to arrive and the passengers were asked to deplane and we all moved to a shady spot outside. It took an additional 20 min for the paperwork and our passenger were on the way. In total it was about 40 min from the time we landed until the passengers were on their way and about an hour before we were finished with all the paperwork. The gentleman from immigration, Jose, told us he would help us out when we departed and everyone in general was very helpful. I figure we saved between $1000 and $1500 by using the GA ramp and the owner did not mind the extra 30 min it took over using Aerotron(I did present the owner with the options and he had no problem trying out the GA ramp). I will update with how the departure went after we leave.

On a side note, about 5 min after we parked on the GA ramp two gentlemen from Aerotron came over and were encouraging us to use the FBO. The offered us $150 off of the total bill and gave us Aerotron hats. I told the Immigration gentleman about that and he said that they are good but "they even charge for smiles."

Last edited:
It's a game we have to play. If you aren't a regular, they can give you a hard time. If you have everything you need, you'll be fine. They just take their time. I believe they drag their feet so the you or your passengers will eventually tip them just to get things moving. I've been to multiple airports in MX hundreds of times. Had a really tough experience in Cancun the other day and went to Cozumel the next week and it was a breeze. Is what it is.

Last time I was in PV, we stayed at fiesta americana. I'd go back

can you share what happened at Cancun.

For our departure from the GA ramp at MMPR it was a little hectic, but considering it was a big holiday weekend in Mexico (Mexican Independence Day) I'd say everything went well. From the time we got to the terminal until we were taxiing out it was just over an hour. The procedure was the same as at any other Mexican airport; flight planning, commandancia, airport office for payment, customs, immigration, flight planning. It did take about 45 minutes for us to finally get fuel and another 10 min for the fuelers to process our card, but overall the departure was as expected. The cost, however, was less than I expected. For a Lear 45 for 5 days/4 nights we paid $560 and that includes everything plus some generous tips(we have a multi-entry permit so we did not have to pay for that which is about $75). I don't have any exact pricing on fuel but i've been told the markup at Aerotron is 30% which equates to an additional $1.10 per gallon.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back