MMEL Project

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fblowjets

We are a Part 91 operator (BE350), and I have been looking into creating a MMEL for this aircraft. I know we are not required to have one but life looks easier if you have one. My question is: I see you can download one from opspecs.com, do I take this and go to the FSDO and get an LOA? or is there a lot more to this? The one on the website is the right revision (according to the guy at the FAA who called me this week to ask which revision I was using), Anyone have any input on this project?

Thanks
FB

Within the jurisdiction of my local FSDO, if you're operating Part 91 you can adopt the MMEL and start using it immediately. As a matter of fact, if you are RVSM certified my FSDO MANDATES you use an MMEL as it will be referenced within the RVSM manual, which they will have approved.

Our FSDO requires you to submit a letter requesting to use the MMEL as __(your)__ MEL. You also need to develop your own Maintenance and Operation Procedures. I'm pretty sure you can't use the MMEL as your MEL without an LOA. They now issue the LOA in OPSPECS form (even for 91).

Our FSDO requires you to submit a letter requesting to use the MMEL as __(your)__ MEL. You also need to develop your own Maintenance and Operation Procedures. I'm pretty sure you can't use the MMEL as your MEL without an LOA. They now issue the LOA in OPSPECS form (even for 91).

I believe this is correct info. You will have to customize the MMEL with your company header and the tail number/ SN of the aircraft it will apply to.
You will have to make an Maintenance/ Operational/ Placarding Procedures manual which if there is an MMEL for the aircraft there is most likely a MOPP manual and you do the same thing with it. submit them to your FSDO to get a LOA. If there is not a MOPP manual already you will have to develop one from guidance provided in the AFM, A/C maintenance manual, manufactures recommendations, engineering specs etc.

Save yourself and the FSDO the headache and pay someone who does this for a living. I have turned in several professionally prepared manuals with no problems, tried it in house once and it was a big pain.

:beer:

I believe this is correct info. You will have to customize the MMEL with your company header and the tail number/ SN of the aircraft it will apply to.
You will have to make an Maintenance/ Operational/ Placarding Procedures manual which if there is an MMEL for the aircraft there is most likely a MOPP manual and you do the same thing with it. submit them to your FSDO to get a LOA. If there is not a MOPP manual already you will have to develop one from guidance provided in the AFM, A/C maintenance manual, manufactures recommendations, engineering specs etc.

FAA Advisory Circular 91-67

Wow great info, I just dont have the time to create all this paperwork. I will look into a company that can produce this. I have an LOA for our RVSM that has an MEL in our manual. With that being said, (correct me if i'm wrong) I figured the RVSM MEL was only used for RVSM operations and did not apply below FL290. OR is it good for both?
Thanks for all your input....

FB

Wow great info, I just dont have the time to create all this paperwork. I will look into a company that can produce this. I have an LOA for our RVSM that has an MEL in our manual. With that being said, (correct me if i'm wrong) I figured the RVSM MEL was only used for RVSM operations and did not apply below FL290. OR is it good for both?
Thanks for all your input....

FB

What does it say, you have the manual? Geezz, not trying to be ugly... but you have the manual not us.
It should say what it is used for, more than likely it is used to show how you will not operate with RVSM if certain equipment is not working.

:erm:

Latest resources

Back