Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MKE Freight Runners Express...any new info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BlueEagle19

I've seen a couple things posted here and there just wondering if anyone has any good recent info on the company, pay, schedule, maint, ets.. How do they rank up to the other BE99 operators?? Thanks guys.

They pay around 28k/year on 99 runs. You'll probably be cross-trained on the 402 (or 414, I can't remember what they have). Most of the people who have worked there have positive things to say about the place. Rumor has it that the boss is the type of guy who'll scream at you to your face rather than talk behind your back, so he's pretty cool in my book.

They have a younger guy working there, PH, who seemed to have his stuff together, as well. He does some of the crew training. I haven't seen MR fly, but I've heard nothing but good thigns about the guy.

The only down side to this operation is that they only give you .5 hours from the time you recieve a call 'til the time you're wheels up when you're doing the on-demand thing. If you have a ship prepared, fueled, ready to go, this is no problem. They're worried about duty time, so I was specifically told I couldn't do this. When you're dead tired, this is a recipe for a cluster f-ck type of departure.

Summation:

Good people, decent pay, they'll look after you.

Poor QOL unless you're on a UPS route, They want you to be on-call without doing the things to make on-call work.

Overall, I'd say they're a pretty good place. Before I came to Wiggins, I was kicking myself for not taking their 99 spot.

Hopefully, this helps you out.

I just remembered. Bemidji Aviation flies a bunch of '99s and Queen Airs around Minnesota and the Northern Great Plains. I don't know much about 'em, but they're good about returning phone-calls etc. The Queen Air is a pretty nice plane to fly, and you can get multi, turbine, PIC at that outfit. I think they have a crew-house for their MSP crews, but I could be wrong. Shoot 'em a line. I think they're hiring.

Latest resources

Back