• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Missle strikes A300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't apologise for the phone comments. If you worked for Southern Command and received intel from Ft. Huachuca, then you're more than familiar with listening to phone conversations. After all...how did we get Escobar? His cell phone.

I don't think anything I stated regarding colombia has been dramatic. What goes on there sometimes is, however.

"Plan Colombia" is nothing more than an extention of financial aid for programs that have been in use in that region, and farther up north into Mexico, for more than 20 years.

I wouldn't brag about US intelligence...the community is still cowering from the political fallout following September 11th. That you had no intel available to you personally identifying the TWA 800 event as a terrorist act isn't surprising, though I'm not certain I believe it. That it was a terrorist act is really not even a question. That it could have been anything other than a terrorist act has never been proven, and cannot be proven.

So don't keep your peace. Tell me about the drama of plan colombia. I'm all ears.

Being done is good. You crossed over into classified when you touched on military training, and transfers.

We provide advisors. COLAR and CNP do the fighting (uh-huh:rolleyes: ). That's all you need to remember.

The transfers are congressionally approved and mandated, and they're not military transfers.

Yes, there's significant military involvement. There has been for a long time. The level of that involvement has never been public. Then again, neither has the fact that the real fighting isn't about drugs or colombian sovereignty, but about Al Gore's pipeline. We can't talk about that either, can we? Nor about direct action involving much more than advisory sevices by us special operations.

Plan colombia from an eradication point of view is about crop dusting, period.

Plan colombia is largely a financial package. Colombia is the largest recipient of US foriegn aid in the world. I can tell you that it's not all going into the spray program. And like you, there's a lot that cannot, and should not, be told.

No Jim, you stated that you couldn't remember what was classified, and what was not, remember?

quite frankly, I can't remember what is classified and what is not.

My suggestion is that any references to that material, especially any concerning military invovlement (a very delicate area regarding plan colombia) be reserved for private conversation between interested and authorized parties only. The inference that the military is invovled isn't classified, but most certainly the degree to which the military is inolved, is.

As for being one of four people who developed plan colombia, I disagree. Perhaps one of four who developed plans to coordinate southern command with the operation...but who developed plan colombia? That's more than a minor exaggeration.

Latest resources

Back