Missing Civilian Logbook

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mr.mom

I'm a military pilot with over 2500 hours of military fixed wing experience. I also have 200+ hours of light civ time (172) that I would like to put in my apps. Problem is that I lost my civilian logbook in my last move from overseas.
When I start my new civilian logbook what do I put in the front that indicates how many hours that I had? Is there a specific FAA requirement?
What looks the best.
I want it to be somewhat professional since I might have to present it during an interview.

Make one entry. Civilian time- C172. Let it go at that. Note as Lost Logbook. IF anybody down the road ask about it, then explain.

Agreed. I had a student once that lost his logbook. He got a copy of his last 8710 from the FAA. He also made one entry in his logbook to recreate his time to the best of his knowledge and had the Long Beach FSDO make an entry in the logbook behind it. I don't remember what it said, but it was something to the effect of "I'm recreating my logbook to the best of my knowledge." It looked as if it was blessed by the Fuzz, and he got a job at Amflight about 2 months later. IF you rented the 172, the place where you rented it may have records also. Good luck

Don't forget the FAA medical form as a source of lost time. The blocks that you fill out with total and last 6 months on every app can be recovered and used as evidence of time since they're on a signed FAA document..

..CT

I had a flight instructor ask me one morning out of the blue:
"If your house was on fire right now, what's the only thing you should save?"
I said "My cat?"
He was like "No, dumb-a$$, your logbooks!":D
I'll never forget that.

-FW

FoxyWhiskey said:
I had a flight instructor ask me one morning out of the blue:
"If your house was on fire right now, what's the only thing you should save?"
I said "My cat?"
He was like "No, dumb-a$$, your logbooks!":D
I'll never forget that.

-FW

Never forget...if the house is burnin, and you have the choice between saving the logbook and the wife, remember one thing....the bit{h has legs and can save herself!

flyflorida2001 said:
Never forget...if the house is burnin, and you have the choice between saving the logbook and the wife, remember one thing....the bit{h has legs and can save herself!

That's why you buy a fire-proof safe and put all those important documents in there.

Thats waaaaaay to easy!!

Latest resources

Back