Millington Saabs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FADECtoBLACK

Saw a bunch of Saab 340's in NW Airlink paint parked up at Millington (KNQA north of Memphis) the other day.

Just wondering if anyone knew what they were slated for.

They were previously operated by Mesaba, but owned by Pinnacle. Since the relations between the companies are so great ( read: Uncle Phil HATES mesaba ) Pinnacle mgt would rather thay sit and rust rather then let Mesaba lease them back. They were pulled per NWA's cutting back in Mesaba's flying. The rumor is that PCL might try to operate them again but who knows if that will ever happen with the 1113c filing of XJ and NWA still in process.

Those planes are turds! We have A models built in the 80's that were more reliable and flew better than those B's built in 92. Prolly has something to do with falling a ditch.

Saabs

Mysteryofflight said:
The rumor is that PCL might try to operate them again but who knows if that will ever happen with the 1113c filing of XJ and NWA still in process.

I doubt that.

"Pinnacle mgt would rather thay sit and rust rather then let Mesaba lease them back"

I really doubt Mesaba treid to renegotiate a lower lease on the B-minus's. I think it was more like " Here Take you POS airplanes back now, Thank You". They sucked, I think that some of our A's ( even some of the ones that are gone ) are more reliable than some of our B+'s much less those Killer B's. They looked great when we got them, but I think it was more like dressing a W--r- in a wedding dress.

I'd rather dispatch a fleet of Saabs than a fleet of CRJ's any day. Saabs are tanks. CRJ's are barbie dolls dressed up like airplanes.

flyn96 said:
Those planes are turds! We have A models built in the 80's that were more reliable and flew better than those B's built in 92. Prolly has something to do with falling a ditch.

Crappy airplanes or not they keep pilots employed when they are operating.

Ouch! But, you're right...

MM

405 said:
I'd rather dispatch a fleet of Saabs than a fleet of CRJ's any day. Saabs are tanks. CRJ's are barbie dolls dressed up like airplanes.

Just a simple observation based off your avatars; 405, a XJ dispatcher, is telling XJWRENCH, a XJ mx, which XJ aircraft are more reliable. Sounds pretty arrogant to me.

I agree with XJWRENCH. The returning of the B's was not PNL taking them away from XJ. Actually, I really don't think it had anything to do with XJ's and PNL's relationship at all. As always, NW controls everything. They told us to return the B's to PNL, and so we did.

DoinTime said:
Crappy airplanes or not they keep pilots employed when they are operating.

With all the city pairs in DTW that were taken away from the Saab over the last four years, you're right. We only had to furlough a few pilots when XJ started retiring the 20 some A's and took over the straight B's.

Latest resources

Back