military to corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lumpy58

Looking at getting out of the military in the next year and half. What type ratings should I look at, and what are some good sources for these jobs?

I have about 2800 hours with around 1700 turbojet/fighter. Are these competitve numbers today?

Also how are most corporate flight departments with flying in the reserves on the side?

thanks

Unless you are with a big company, it's tough for a department to work out the reserve duty--particularly with deployments these days.

I think I'd try NJA to try to build your total time. You've got the PIC numbers but get a corporate type rating under you and go from there. Unless you can get into a Gulfstream reserve unit, that's the best I can offer.

Good luck.TC

Honestly, with your experience we would look at you for a First Officer position. The reality in corportate is that there are thousands of pilots with thousands of hours of corporate experience out there. While I respect you military experience and the type of flying you have done, most corporate chief pilots came up in the corporate ranks, and they don't. They seem to want someone just like them.

I like the advice above. Go to a fractional and get experience in a corporate jet. After a few years of networking, make the move to corporate if you want to.

Chocks,
Eating lots of Sushi?
Long time, no news. Whats up?

Rice

Latest resources

Back