military to corporate

lumpy58

Total Time
Looking at getting out of the military in the next year and half. What type ratings should I look at, and what are some good sources for these jobs?

I have about 2800 hours with around 1700 turbojet/fighter. Are these competitve numbers today?

Also how are most corporate flight departments with flying in the reserves on the side?

thanks

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Unless you are with a big company, it's tough for a department to work out the reserve duty--particularly with deployments these days.

I think I'd try NJA to try to build your total time. You've got the PIC numbers but get a corporate type rating under you and go from there. Unless you can get into a Gulfstream reserve unit, that's the best I can offer.

Good luck.TC

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
Honestly, with your experience we would look at you for a First Officer position. The reality in corportate is that there are thousands of pilots with thousands of hours of corporate experience out there. While I respect you military experience and the type of flying you have done, most corporate chief pilots came up in the corporate ranks, and they don't. They seem to want someone just like them.

I like the advice above. Go to a fractional and get experience in a corporate jet. After a few years of networking, make the move to corporate if you want to.

rice

Clown Puncher
Total Time
8000+
Chocks,
Eating lots of Sushi?
Long time, no news. Whats up?

Rice

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Total Time
Lumpy,