• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Military Pilot Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Steve, don't enlist! I enlisted into the USN when I was 17, and I wish that I would have waited, gotten a degree, and then went in as an officer. I have bad vision, too. That is what probably steered me into an enlisted slot. Try ROTC, ANG or anything else if you want to fly in the military. Try for that wavier, the only thing that they can tell you is no. If they do, try another branch or tell 'em to put it through again.

Get GOOD GRADES, PLAY SPORTS, and go ABOVE AND BEYOND. That is what will put you over the edge and into the sweet spot!

Good luck.

And remember, Navy jets (and pilots) are the best!! (at least I think so!)

You must believe - not doubt !

Steve,

What's your 20/180 vision caused by ? I would stay away from laser surgery instead get following book:

"Perfect sight without glasses" by W. H. Bates.

He developed the "Bates-Method" at the turn of the last century proving the then predominant theory of cilliary accomodation wrong.
Unfortunately it's still around and not many know about Bates' method. Think of all the opticians who would loose their business selling glasses !
Quiet a pity.
Anyway get the book and try it - it's no bull !

One more thing. Once you've chosen a goal go for it ! It feels pretty dull to regret that you haven't really tried to do something you really wanted.

Latest resources

Back