Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

legendskid_44

Need a job
So i heard that the military is in much need of people so they are offering to pay for Full tuition...and i'm not talking about the money they give you to go to school.

Can any body give more info? branches? etc.

Also does any body know the next UPT boards coming up for the Air Guard, anywhere? wantscheck.com is not updated at all

So i heard that the military is in much need of people so they are offering to pay for Full tuition...and i'm not talking about the money they give you to go to school.

Can any body give more info? branches? etc.
I will try to read through this cryptic question. If they give you money to go to school they are paying your tuition. So your comment makes no sense but I will try anyway.

For simplicity sake there are two programs available for military members to pay for college. One is the GI bill and the other is the tuition assistance program. The GI bill, which is currently getting revamped, gives you a certain amount of money to go to school, usually after you get out. The tuition assistance program pays your tuition for classes that you take while on active duty.

They aren't doing it because they are suddenly hurting for people. Both programs have been around for over 20 years and are available to members in all services.

Good deal for some

I think at one time they offered a few people full tuition to medical school, in return for a substantial active-duty service commitment.

There are so many programs in the military to get schooling paid for. The ones I posted are the general ones available pretty much across the board with no real commitments.

I used TA and the GI Bill "Top Up" to cover all costs for my Master's while on Active Duty. Best deal I could find. I think there was a recruiting incentive that paid back your school loans, but not sure if it was only for E's or O's.

Depends on your MOS and how badly they need particular people. A good friend of mine just graduated from college with a nursing degree. She looked into the Air Force and joined up. Now she is an officer and she walked away with over $60K in college loan repayment and another $40K in just bonuses. I think she has a 6 year commitment now, but she plans on staying in for the full 20.

Latest resources

Back