• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Military Leave and CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been on mil leave for almost a year, still in CASS....

Sorry, for some reason I wasn't subscribed to the thread, even though I created it. Didn't even know people had posted. Hmmm.

Anyways. I was trying to go on another carrier as a JS. When that didn't work, I tried to purchase a ZED fare, and was unable also.

Talked to my union later, and it turns out it's CAL's policy to remove us from CASS. Looks like this policy varies from carrier to carrier.

In addition, we cannot pass travel on other carriers (ie no ZED). We can only pass travel on our own airline for up to 24 months.

Good to hear others aren't so restricted. I think it's BS personally that they limit it at all, but it is what it is.

Thanks for all the replies...

Navin

When I worked at Trans States and got mobilized, they took my ID so no CASS, no nonrev and no jumpseating in the back. But, like you said, it is company specific; that's just what this company chose to do.

Agreed, it's company specific for MIL leave over 30 days. CAL takes us off the active listing, which is what kicks us out of CASS. So, you can pass ride on CAL but not on any OAL or in the jumpseat, even with airline ID. I know other reservists from different companies that I work with that can do it with their airlines but I think the majority is no jumpseat on MIL leave.

Latest resources

Back