Military applicants at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stlpilot

I have recently become interested in putting my application into Delta but was curious to hear from military folks what is perceived as competitive with hour & experience in the recent hirings. Anyone been picked up recently who would mind giving some details as to there hours/experience? I have a couple buds working there, but they got hired a few years back so they are not really in the loop on new hires. The only other folks I know (that were recently hired) are all civilians with 4-5K in the “total hours” department and further informed me that mil applicants are typically looked at differently at Delta.

Just looking for some opinions/experience. Thanks

Several folks from my unit recently hired, all slightly over the PIC min 1000? 1 prior fighter, 1 prior bone, one straight heavy t tail fwiw good luck

I was hired early this summer with a little over 1800 hrs according to the AF but Delta's conversion put me over 2300 hrs I think. (FAIP/Single Seat Time)

I recommended someone about two months ago who was hired and he had 900 hrs mil time and then something like 1150 with the conversion. (ALL Single Seat Time)

There is defiantly a time difference between the MIL guys they hire and the CIV guys. Talking with the indoc guys they said most of the MIL guys had around 2000 hrs and the CIV had up around 4500 or so.

Lobo,

Any idea what the trick is? I'm sitting right about where your bro was with 900 F16 hrs straight up and a few internal references. Sure would like to get the call. Any info?

TIA (thanks in advance)

My quals

My time:
2700 total PIC or SIC (3700 hours before removing all my "other" time)
1200 pic
C-17 IP
Start Nov 12th

3 Military interviewed on my day, the other two had much more flight experience and were not selected. How much time someone has must not be everything.

Any idea why the other two didn't make it? Was it the Knowledge test, Cog test, interview or the dreaded shrink?

In my interview group, the fighter guys didn't pass the cog test, which surprised the two tanker toad that got hired (me being one).

One thing is they there are a lot of mil guys here, so it does not hurt.

Good luck!

A few guys I know got hired with 2000-3000 hours. One guy only had about 400 turbine PIC. (Heavy drivers.) They had lots of internal recs from all the Delta guys in the unit. Give it a shot! I've had my app in since the window opened. However, I lack turbine PIC which I will have very soon.

Skyward80

Latest resources

Back