• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DASHDRIVER

Uber User
Flywolf or anyone in the know,

Information is not widely available on the retirment program at YX. Could you explain it.

In addition any rumor as to how staffing is right nwo and if the June class is still schedualed and specifically when it will be held? Patiently waiting for a call from Lorrie.

DD

Retirement at Midwest is pretty bad. Management has stated their desire to eliminate it altogether during the next contract season. They stopped matching our 401k after 9/11. June class is still planned from what I've heard. Check out airlinepilotcentral.com for a little salary and retirement info.

Looks like another reason for the Midwest pilot group to support the AirTran merger. AirTran contributes 10.5% of my salary every month to my 401K but we aren't vested until the 5 year point.

Looks like another reason for the Midwest pilot group to support the AirTran merger. AirTran contributes 10.5% of my salary every month to my 401K but we aren't vested until the 5 year point.

Give it up, they don't want the merger.

You know, that's the biggest mystery to me.

I don't want the acquisition either, but if I were at Midwest, I'd be hoping for it.

Quicker upgrade potential.
Better retirement.
Currently in negotiations to have a better pay scale than Midwest by the end of the year.
Better stability with a combined aircraft.
Better management that actually knows how to turn a profit (kinda important in this biz).
Southern base.
Opportunity to get the 737 type if SWA is your eventual goal.

Do people really love the cookies THAT much?

Sorry... /thread hijack

So,,, how 'bout them retirement bennies? Pass privileges? Medical benefits?

Pilot's at Midwest are comfortable and secure apparently and there is fear of the unknown which is understandable. Many of their FO's are local people and come from Skyway so they are happy just to have a decent schedule, no commute, and pay that's better than it was at Skyway for most of them. The fact that they will never upgrade to CA doesn't seem to be an issue. Airtran means change and the Midwest Airlines culture doesn't have much experience with that.

Pilot's at Midwest are comfortable and secure apparently and there is fear of the unknown which is understandable. Many of their FO's are local people and come from Skyway so they are happy just to have a decent schedule, no commute, and pay that's better than it was at Skyway for most of them. The fact that they will never upgrade to CA doesn't seem to be an issue. Airtran means change and the Midwest Airlines culture doesn't have much experience with that.
That actually makes sense...

Good post. :)

...Southern base......

lah dee fricken dah! :)

bless your heart! no thanks, did my south time living in charlotte for 5 years. general sherman had the right idea. :)

Kind of ironic because you are Midwest's version of Delta's cheerleader on flightinfo, "General Lee". Don't forget to salute Stone Mountain next time you come into ATL.

Kind of ironic because you are Midwest's version of Delta's cheerleader on flightinfo, "General Lee". Don't forget to salute Stone Mountain next time you come into ATL.

i need 7,000 more posts to be in the General's company. perhaps i can change my name to Dixie Dummy, the five striper wide body captain. :)

btw, is it true that the psychologist most Delta pilots talked to during their interview process blew his/her brains out?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back