• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest lost record $477M in 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has to be some kind of hanky-panky going on to eventually use 100 seaters on the Midwest certificate to get around somebody's scope clause or something like that.

I wonder if Republic will get the Midwest operating certificate if Midwest defaults on the loan?

Republic made a one year term loan to Midwest in the amount of $15.0
million, with an additional loan commitment of $10.0 million, based on the
achievement of certain milestones.

The loan(s) is collateralized by all of Midwest’s unencumbered assets and
generally be senior to other lender’s security position.

http://www.rjet.com/pdf/Midwest%20airlines%20final.pdf

fam62c is right on the money...something is up for sure. I don't think that anthing good will happen for our pilot group, but there has to be more to the story then what we see. With 300+ of our 400 pilots on the street, i can't imagine us ever recovering to what we were. Sad. Of the few airlines I have flew for, Midwest pilots were the most dedicated group I have ever worked with. As a whole they actually gave a $hit about Midwest and the product that they offered. What a waste of resources...

fam62c is right on the money...something is up for sure. I don't think that anthing good will happen for our pilot group, but there has to be more to the story then what we see. With 300+ of our 400 pilots on the street, i can't imagine us ever recovering to what we were. Sad. Of the few airlines I have flew for, Midwest pilots were the most dedicated group I have ever worked with. As a whole they actually gave a $hit about Midwest and the product that they offered. What a waste of resources...

That's what this latest generation of private equity firms like TPG do, they find nice places to work that pay and treat their employees well, sieze contol through a buyout and proceed to destroy the place with their updated "business models". We are becoming a very sick society.

That's what this latest generation of private equity firms like TPG do, they find nice places to work that pay and treat their employees well, sieze contol through a buyout and proceed to destroy the place with their updated "business models". We are becoming a very sick society.

got that right.

For whatever reason, somebody is willing to keep throwing money down a rat hole. There has to be some kind of hanky-panky going on to eventually use 100 seaters on the Midwest certificate to get around somebody's scope clause or something like that.

Well, my take is that MEH is going to default on the loan. And RAH will ultimately own the MEH operating certificate.

At that point, if it were me, I would sell that sucker so fast, it would make Herb Kelleher's pecker fall off.
The only thing of value is essentially the gates and the landing rights. With Southwest, Delta and Airtran moving into the MKE picture, there is money to be made, and NOT by some RAH puke flying around 70 to 100 seats barbie jets. The money to be made is where they can be flown to, and who is willing to pay for it.....

MKE in NO WAY can support SWA, DAL, AAI, and RAH...just not gonna happen. The fat lady has sung, and just had a friggin coronary!

Good luck!

Well, my take is that MEH is going to default on the loan. And RAH will ultimately own the MEH operating certificate.

At that point, if it were me, I would sell that sucker so fast, it would make Herb Kelleher's pecker fall off.
The only thing of value is essentially the gates and the landing rights. With Southwest, Delta and Airtran moving into the MKE picture, there is money to be made, and NOT by some RAH puke flying around 70 to 100 seats barbie jets. The money to be made is where they can be flown to, and who is willing to pay for it.....

MKE in NO WAY can support SWA, DAL, AAI, and RAH...just not gonna happen. The fat lady has sung, and just had a friggin coronary!

Good luck!

It's just another certificate. Just because the cert is based there (for now), it doesn't mean the planes can't fly out of MSP, ATL, MEM, etc. Also, it's not just MKE that would be supported, but also the northern Chicago suburbs -- that's big money and ORD is a big pain. Your list should be (in descending order of opertions): DAL/RAH (same colors on the 190s), AAI, SWA.

Knock, knock................."yes Ms. Fat Lady, you're on in 10 minutes."

if I understant the question right the only problem will be if CHQ or SA will get any 100 seaters.

CHQ won't get them because they are still flying American Connection. It would be a scope violation if CHQ got anything over 50 seats. Happend when the first Ejet came on property and the APA fined the mess out of them. That is another reason for multiple Certs.

Latest resources

Back