Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
The chief pilot's message last night announced that 33 pilots will be recalled on Feb. 1, and 7 more on April 1. No news, however, what aircraft people will be going back to. There still is no news as to what management and Boeing decided upon, so no one knows when the 717 will be coming. If someone has heard something, please post. At this point, I don't care which a/c we go back to. This is great news, and one heck of a way to start the new year!

On a lighter note, when you are furloughed, you realize how special it is to be a pilot, and how great this profession really is. This non-flying job is fine, but I'd rather be at FL350 and have the best office window in the world! :D

I hope everyone had a happy new year and good luck to all in 2002!

I couldn't agree with you more. I've been furloughed for almost two months now, and I have a much greater appreciation for my flying job. I don't work for ME, but am happy for anyone that gets recalled. Lucky for me, I go back to work in two weeks, I can hardly wait. Congrats on getting called back.

It is a great way to start the new year!

Update to the numbers:

The original CP message was incorrect. He messed up the numbers - the total recalls are only 33 total. They are as follows:

8 for 2/1/02
10 for 2/15
6 for 3/1
7 for 4/1
2 for 4/15

This will make some people happy, but unfortunately for the last 7 people who listened to the original message just had their bubble burst. Don't quit your day job just yet!
:(

Captain Upgrades

Don't forget that the message also included that 16 of the Captains downgraded to F/Os during the furlough will be upgrading during the same time frame.

That is also a very positive aspect of the recall.

Alas, I am still furloughed........

BTW, what class were you in?? Drop me a private message.

Latest resources

Back