Midwest Express Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dakotaHC8

Was curious if the MCI expansion this fall meant more furloughees might be called back. Also what the status of the 717 order was looking like

Thanx

PS. Is it still Midwest Express. or Midwest now...?

MIDEX RECALLS

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE MIDWEST EXPRESS STILL HAS PLANS TO RECALL ALL FURLOUGHED PILOTS BY THE END OF DEC 02 OR EARLY JAN 03. A LOT IS GOING ON IN THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY AT THE PRESENT AS I AM SURE YOU ARE AWARE. THESE FACTORS MAY HELP OR IN SOME CASES SLOW THAT PROJECTION. THE COMPANY IS VERY ACTIVELY LOOKING AT THE DEMISE OF VANGUARD TO SEE IF THAT AREA CAN BECOME A PLUS. AS ALWAYS THIS IS A VERY CONSERVATIVE ORGANIZATION AND THEY MOVE SOMETIMES PAINSTAKINGLY SLOW AS COMPARED TO OTHER AIRLINES. THE FUTURE REMAINS BRIGHT FOR EXPANSION.
ORDERS FOR THE 717 ARE ON TRACK AND INSTRUCTOR TRAINING IS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE .

Sorry to say but painstakingly slow when all your furloughee's will be back. At Delta they are still furloughing more. I wish Delta was as slow as Mid Ex. Good luck guys, and I hope your all back soon.

Have ya ever seen the videos of the Monkeys scratching their heads? Well thats what Uncle Timmy (CEO) looks like every day. Your guess is as good as his.

Latest resources

Back