• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know how many for the year yet, but 8 for May, 12 for June is what I heard, also they are still interviewing, good luck to all

Interviewed on Thursday, and I have to say I was impressed. Very friendly, professional folks. Spoke with Don the CP, Jim md80 fleet manager, Lorrie from HR, Mark from Training, and Kim I believe also from HR. Interview was striaght forward and nothing tricky. I genuinly felt like they were looking for a specific type of person not so much a certain kind of pilot. They said they were hiring for a 717 class in June 12 people. They said both md88's would be online by July for 3 year leases and a decision on fleet type 738's or 320's would be made in the next 6-12 months. They said that merger or not they were going to have to hire and not furlough for the training bubble needed with the 2 extra airplanes and impending fleet transition.

Great experiance! I hope they call me with good news.

DD

Hey DASHDRIVER,
If you don't mind I'd like to know what your time breakdown is. PIC turbine, total, 121 time. Good luck.
I'm hoping to get back to the Midwest myself.

Hey DASHDRIVER,
If you don't mind I'd like to know what your time breakdown is. PIC turbine, total, 121 time. Good luck.
I'm hoping to get back to the Midwest myself.

i was the low guy at the 3/29 interview.

260 121 PIC
3500tt
2100 121 and turbine time.

keeping my fingers crossed as they presented the company quite well.

the written exam was pretty straightforward. i know at least dashdriver and myself weren't geeks and got a 100 :). study ntsb 830, 91, 121 (only the domestic questions), weather, atc, and aeromedical factors and you will do fine.

wolf, my midwest mgmt source told me he/she hadn't heard about the 717 aussie rumor (but he/she did state it was above his/her pay grade).

Last edited:
CitationLover, yeah I have heard it in the crew lounge but you know how that goes, the fact is that no one knows for sure till we see it on the ramp :)

Congrats to all of you guys, you will be very pleased by our training department, 100% pilot friendly top notch, great guys, ground, sim and checkairmen, very straight forward ground school. Great chief pilot and management staff that truly respect you and that will make your job very easy.

Also, CASS, unlimited j/s, and now completely automated non-revenue website makes commuting very easy since you can reserve the j/s.

Welcome on board and hope to see you guys on the line soon.

Congrats to all of you guys, you will be very pleased by our training department, 100% pilot friendly top notch, great guys, ground, sim and checkairmen, very straight forward ground school. Great chief pilot and management staff that truly respect you and that will make your job very easy.

1st things 1st, i need the call from Laurie......

I was there on the 29th as well. Everything stated above is 100%. I asked Don about the 717 Aussie thing. He said its not true. Actually he followed up with the fact that it would make sense and its possible but no one came to him to ask what he thought or anything. Best of luck to anyone applying, I was also very impressed. I am hoping for the call as well.

Latest resources

Back