• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines' new COO pledges to hang tough against AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Short staffed meaning MEH will be hiring soon? I keep hearing that they could lose 30 pilots and be just fine with staffing. How many FOs have jumped ship in the last two months?

Yeah, those first three initiatives are disapointing, not a metion of new planes.

He mentioned new airplanes. He mentioned that it is too late to buy new airplanes because the cost of new fuel efficient airplanes is too high now with the higher cost of fuel.

Maybe Airtran will sell Midwest a few -700's at a good price since they were wise enough to lock in a big order at 2003 prices.

He mentioned new airplanes. He mentioned that it is too late to buy new airplanes because the cost of new fuel efficient airplanes is too high now with the higher cost of fuel.

Maybe Airtran will sell Midwest a few -700's at a good price since they were wise enough to lock in a big order at 2003 prices.

every airplane they sell is one more to goto the back of the line for new airplanes. you keep bragging about this but it is a double edged sword.

Short staffed meaning MEH will be hiring soon? I keep hearing that they could lose 30 pilots and be just fine with staffing. How many FOs have jumped ship in the last two months?

no meaning that the lines are averaging close to 85 hours and they cannot maintain that or people will time out.....they can only spread the flying out so much before something breaks down.

but no i have heard of no hiring in the future. i can only hope.

every airplane they sell is one more to goto the back of the line for new airplanes. you keep bragging about this but it is a double edged sword.

Not bragging about this, just bringing it up that it was you management saying that Airtran's business plan was flawed because they had 65 "in demand" B737-700 purchased at 2003 prices. Now your management is saying they can't buy newer, fuel efficient airplanes because they are too expensive.

Does your management actually have a plan? I am sure TPG will have one, but I doubt it is real labor friendly.

Does your management actually have a plan? I am sure TPG will have one, but I doubt it is real labor friendly.

plan?!?! who needs a plan? our secret plan is:

kiosk position + best care for the air = billions!

ka ching!

Wow, moving the check-in kiosks, that's a bold move. It's not quite on the scale of the Premier Pet Program but a bold move nonetheless. It sounds like this new fellow will fit in well with the overall do-nothing strategy at Midwest. This guy is only 50, why did he leave a senior management position at Delta? Delta has had it's problems but they are still in business and moving forward, I'm sure the management people at DAL still rake in big money. Anybody know the story behind his Delta departure?

I haven't heard of anyone jumping ship as of late, Yet, but I know there are a few who are looking.

I think that if I were in the bottom 5-10% of the Midwest list I would have trouble sleeping at night. If they sold one MD-80 they could sell more at anytime. This is a crazy industry we're in, it's anybody's guess what happens next. There never seems to be any solid ground, the best airline today may be the worst one 3 years from now. Good luck to everybody, I think we're all going to need it regardless of where we work.

I think that if I were in the bottom 5-10% of the Midwest list I would have trouble sleeping at night. If they sold one MD-80 they could sell more at anytime. This is a crazy industry we're in, it's anybody's guess what happens next. There never seems to be any solid ground, the best airline today may be the worst one 3 years from now. Good luck to everybody, I think we're all going to need it regardless of where we work.

as one of the bottom feeders i can safely say i am not too worried. if it happens it happens as you say. worrying is a horrible and wasteful emotion.

i can always walk on to the brewers squad as a utility infielder.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back