• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just rumors, so take it with a little sodium ....

Was told they had recalled less than 75 pilots (perhaps WAY less) for something like six to eight 737s flying again. Almost all recalls were 737 drivers, even though there were CRJ CAs with higher seniority numbers. They are supposed to be recalling one CRJ CA for every four 737 FOs, or something strange like that. They have announced new routes in the last couple weeks, as well.

I wish JI employees all the best and I have my fingers crossed. If they could get rid of Bob F. and develop a unified vision over there maybe they'd turn it around. I know Corpex would like to feed 'em again.

Minh

Being an ex-midway pilot I can say without hestitation that so long as Bob F. is involved with Midway, the airline will never succeed. Look into his track record - an unequivocal scumbag. I wish all former and current Miday pilots the best of luck in their future endeavors.

I have a source from the inside that says they are trying to be out of Chpt 11 by the end of June. They supposedly made money in Feb.?? I agree - GET RID OF BOB!!!!!!!!

The initial recall was 1 RJ pilot for every 12 qualified 737 pilot. I don't know what the new LOA states. They now have 53 +- pilots on the property. It was a fun place to work up until Aug. 2001. I hope all my fellow Midway buds are doing well.

gump

I'm another ex-Midway guy. I left for a major in Aug 2000 before all the "fun" started last August.

I was taxiing in RDU last week and asked the ramp guy what was going on with them. He said they are operating six 737s.

If you want more info, call the MEC Hotline at 1-800-771-2572. It sounds like that ALPA contract we negotiated in 2000 is pretty much out the window.

Fly safe.

To all my former fellow Midway pilots, good luck in this crazy industry. I will always go out of my way to help ANY former Midway pilots that I can. Good luck.

gump88 said:
I have a source from the inside that says they are trying to be out of Chpt 11 by the end of June. They supposedly made money in Feb.?? I agree - GET RID OF BOB!!!!!!!!

gump

Out of Chapter 11? That's pretty comical!!! If you read the last quartly report for Midway - before they went TU and financial records were sealed - they had expelled about 278M of 282M in credit without any other credit lines availiable.

However, Midway is kinda like herpes - it might go away for a while but will always be around :D

Former Midway

I don't read the financial reports for Midway. I have better things to do with my time. I was just stating what a current employee told me.

gump

Well Midway doesn't makes available "financial results" as they are operating under Ch. 11 and aren't required to post such financial numbers to the public under the federal laws.

I was simply stating the fact that I was following JI when I was working for them!!! I was actively seeking employment when I was there as the writing was on the wall based on the numbers (I just didn't think it would happen that fast).

My point is that your "inside source" may also be the same "inside source" that was spreading the rumors that Continental, American and Southwest were going to buy us when JI was operating at full scale. The fact of the matter is that everyone was waiting for JI to fail (as they did) and pick up the aftermath.

Why do you think AMR Eagle started service out of RDU when they did? Coincidence? NO!!! They knew the end was near and saw a golden opportunity to pick up JI traffic when we went belly up as consumer confidence would plummet. The results......judge yourself!!!

Here some advice for you - I have no idea where you work but maybe you should pay a little attention to whom your paycheck comes from and their financial stability status. It just might protect your career.

Fly Safe :)

LR45JI said:
Here some advice for you - I have no idea where you work but maybe you should pay a little attention to whom your paycheck comes from and their financial stability status. It just might protect your career.

Fly Safe :) [/B]

I think that is good advice. We all saw the "writing on the wall" at Midway. Some of us were smart enough to polish off the resumes before the ship hit the bottom. Others waited until after the air bubbles had subsided, and unfortunately, a few of our former colleagues are still unemployed.

I feel rather confident in the financial stability of my current employer, NJA. However, as we have all seen, it pays to have the resumes loaded and your finger on the trigger.

Cheers,
gump

Latest resources

Back