• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Middle East Booming: Emirates to Hire 4,500 More Staff Starting April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm more of an in between on exiting. My general thoughtis to get the kids to college and then grab an Asian commuting contract (dare I say it as a DEC!). Would love to live in Japan over China some day and do Dumb Pilots gig for 3-5 yrs.

That said I could be a lifer here because it's ticked so many boxes and I'm really enjoying the experience as are my family.

I suppose the good news is if the hiring takes off and the US guys exit en masse (still don't believe that will happen, fwiw) then progress up the SNR list will be quicker.

fv

the stupid rules about previous aircraft weight highlight the issue as well as prejudiced command training and interviews for US regional guys

This has been changed back in December, aircraft weight is no longer an issue; matter of fact: all RJ pilots that have close to three years at EK under their belt have all been invited to upgrade.

Current requirements are three years, 6000 turbine and 2500 on EK type.

Unless you plan on sending your kids to Millburn High School in New Jersey.

Never thought I'd live to see the day my high school would be thus praised.

This has been changed back in December, aircraft weight is no longer an issue; matter of fact: all RJ pilots that have close to three years at EK under their belt have all been invited to upgrade.

Current requirements are three years, 6000 turbine and 2500 on EK type.

You're right....on paper its not an issue. You just have to hope that you don't get an interviewer or trainer who has a chip on his shoulder because you were hired from an RJ background for your command interview or training.

Over the years you learn that anyone can be failed....if the trainer/interviewer wishes to find something to fail you on. Nobody knows everything.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Or the fact that when I applied at Emirates I was automatically kicked out of the process (1 or 2 things might have kicked me out-I am 5'10 220 pounds-am I too fat? or that I have a minor misdemeanor from college-am I too much of a criminal?). I have more than enough hours, almost 6,000 total time and over 1,500 hours PIC. I even have almost 2,000 hours in a plane greater than 93,000 pounds. I don't think I am in the market for an international job right now because of a family situation but if Pinnacle continues to tank I might have no choice if I cannot get on with a major in the US.

Maybe a job fair would help?

Maybe a job fair would help?
The time to start your research is now! It will take you a couple of months of reading posts about the pros and cons of the options that are available out there, qol at the home base, T&C's at the different jobs, time for command (in the expat market, PIC time in heavier iron is what will open doors for you) there is a LOT to learn and a lot of PM's to be sent, good luck in your research.

5'10 220 pounds-am I too fat

Max BMI for the UAE medical=30....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back