Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BOHICAgain

I will miss you Daniel
I was in DCA the other day and walk by what looked to be EMB170 in US Airways colors but on the side it read operated by Midatlantic. Just wondering if anyone who that is and who flies it. Thanks

You got it right.

E170 and Midatlantic.. Furloughed US Air pilots.. I think they sold all the airplanes to Republic.

Mid Atlantic is not a real company, never has been and soon it will be gone all together. It was set up by US Airways to be another WO, using yet another certificate to play games with labor. The FAA figured this out and told Airways if they wanted another airline they were going to jump through all the hoops with no short cuts. Airways then decided to just put "MDA" on their own certificate. So far no problem. Then in managements continuing stuggle to destroy all labor, they kept the MDA name alive and pretended that it's a real company. this has resulted in numerous law suites and labor unrest for all kinds of people. Airways management recently has admitted that the pilots at MDA are in fact really Airways pilots. Next in order to pay for management bonuses they sold the EMB 170 division of US Airways to Republic. Now US Airways is leasing back the aircraft until Republic can figure out how to staff all these aircraft.
Confused yet? There is alot more but generally that's it.

ALL or NONE!!!

n25na said:
so are the pilots going with the airplanes to republic?

I understand that an arbitrator is mulling this over as we speak, with a decision due shortly. The MDA pilots are grieving this transaction. One side of the argument says it was an "asset transfer", the other says "change of control". Again, as I understand it, if it is decided that the transaction is an asset transfer, the pilots are not part of the deal and they will only have rights to the flying under the Jets-for-jobs protocol (they will be able to bid over to Republic for 50% of the Captain positions and 50% of the FO positions as their seniority allows). If it is decided that the transaction is a "change of control", they will retain rights to the flying and will come over with the airplanes. However, the last few weeks I have been hearing that in the latter case, it will create some issues with their recall rights back to the mainline if and when that becomes a reality (however I am slightly confused on how all that will work out), so it sounds like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. As far as how we are being informed in the RAH family (the pilots on the CHQ master list), there is very little information being distributed by the company (no surprise there). The CHQ website posted 3 vacancy bids for DCA over the next few months for 20 Captain and 20 FO positions flying the MDA 170's, but there was no word if these 40 slots are intended entirely for CHQ-list pilots or meant to be split between CHQ-list pilots and J4J pilots (meaning, is it 40 slots or really 80 slots?). I have not been following the delivery schedule nor the numbers of positions created/erased as the airplanes are moved from one company to the other.

There are many people who frequent this board with probably better and more current information, and I'm sure it won't take long before this thread lengthens to the point of gibberish.

BOHICAgain said:
Thanks for all the info..I was just hoping for a one sentence answer. Now my brain hurts.

Midlantic is a USAir alterego created solely with the intent to pay "regional" wages to their mainline pilots.

There are many people who frequent this board with probably better and more current information, and I'm sure it won't take long before this thread lengthens to the point of gibberish.[/quote]

I guess that all makes sense..thanks...is republic getting anymore 170s besides the 20-something coming from MDA?

Ganja60Heavy said:
Midlantic is a USAir alterego created solely with the intent to pay "regional" wages to their mainline pilots.

MDA guys are just trying to pull a fast one, and jump into another airlines seniority list!

ok now that I know that.... How much are the FO getting paid for US airways compared to RAH on the EMB170 (just curious)... Whats the call sign??

Latest resources

Back