• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bdtii

BDTII,

I completely disagree.

As you know (or perhaps you dont) I have been a strong supporter of a bidirectional flowthrough and unrestricted 50 seat and less RJs for the wholly-owneds for years. Long before I flew for US Airways, I flew for Express. I'm an Express pilot deep down and I always will be.

I'm glad that you were able to negotiate a superior agreement than the furloughed pilots were able to. But rather than allow a two-tier system to continue to exist, I believe there is an excellent opportunity to bring your (superior) agreement over and offer it to your MidAtlantic coworkers.

I would assume that the MAA negotiating committee is aware of the inequity and is committed to solving the problem -- by giving the furloughees their longevity back. NOT by taking it away from the wholly-owned pilots who are accepting the risk and coming to MidAtlantic.

The first step to a single seniority list is to bring equality to MidAtlantic.

And for what its worth, I didnt agree with J4J's "super seniority" either, which is why I did not participate.

Best wishes. If the airline survives another 6 months, I too may make the leap to MidAtlantic. Save me a seat.;)

If an APL guy goes to MDA as an FO they go at the highest pay, 8 year FO (high 30's). If they get a Capt slot then they start at year 1 Capt pay (50 something).

We WO guys getting pay based on years is in no way hurting any APL pilot. At the very worst a WO pilot with more than 8 years is paid the same as an APL MDA FO. In every other case the APL guy makes more. Plus the way its going it wont be long before all the APL guys at MDA are Capts or are getting Capt pay so please leave us WO guys alone.

For once something semi-good happens for us, I/we just want to be left alone. Remember all WO guys will always be junior to any mainline guys. Isn't that good enough?

BTW - If you still would like pay at years of service for APL guys then fine, but in return I want MDA to be staffed by the APL and WO guys by DOH. I don't think you'd like that would you?

No.

No Learlove,

It is a b-scale and its NOT ok. It's not ok at Jets4jobs. It's not ok at MidAtlantic. It wasn't ok at American. It wasn't ok at US Airways.

As I said i'm not advocating taking anything away from you guys -- but rather just giving the same benefit to the furloughees.

It would not impact you, your pay, your seniority, or your flowthrough one bit. In fact when CEL pilots are brought on as Captains (Which may happen later this summer) they will still make more than their more senior counterparts.

But there would be equality. Everyone would be compensated based on the same formula.

Yeah, something good happened to you. I dont want to take that away from you. I have no idea why it would bother you guys if the APL guys get the same benefit. After all, there are APL guys at MidAtlantic with DOH from the late 80's, early 90's. Wouldn't it be nice for THOSE guys to get longevity too?

If this single-seniority list is ever going to work, somebody is going to have to bite the bullet and start acting like a trade-unionist.

I have a July 12 class at MDA. I have also heard that Airways wants to do away with the longevity pay for the WO. Many of us could not afford to stay at first year fo pay. All I have to say is the is you try to get longevity for the APL, which I have no problem with, please don't let them take it from us!!

Mda

Dashcaptain said:
I have a July 12 class at MDA. I have also heard that Airways wants to do away with the longevity pay for the WO. Many of us could not afford to stay at first year fo pay. All I have to say is the is you try to get longevity for the APL, which I have no problem with, please don't let them take it from us!!
Dashcaptain;

There are MANY APL pilots that cannot aford to lose as much as 13-14 years seniority but started at 1st year pay at Mid Atlantic. $58.44 for Captains and $35 something for F/O's.

Like USAirways 1149, I am also a former Wholy Owned pilot who as long advocated a flow through.

Most would agree this whole mess was not handled in the best fashion but were are were we are.

My phone is ringing off the hook with my former PDT friends that are fully expecting to come to MDA as Captains for $90 and change an hour.

First, I would like to verify that information on the WO pay rates. Could you help?

Second, I don't think any reasonable person would dissagree that it would be a travesty for a Junior WO pilot to come in $32.00 an hour more than an APL pilot.

The APLA Membership Services Chairman and a negotiating committe member are both MDA pilots. I know they are aware of the situation.

Now, right or wrong, the APL pilots will not stand for that.

Lets all hope we can work out a solution to this delema.

MDA is not perfect but it is a good operation with loads of potential if Airways is successfull.

I would like to see EVERY WO pilot here ASAP and I look forward to working with and training them.

Good luck to us all. This could get very interesting!

The captain pay at MDA starts at $58 and maxes out at around $90.62 at year 18. The FO pay tops out at year 8 and is currently around $36.34. I have heard that there is also an increase Jan 1.

And yes, this will be very interesting to see what happens.

the turtle said:
less than Mesa wages....amazing.
Turtle,

You may want to do some research. The MidAtlantic rates are still higher than Mesa. Not to mention the work rules that go along with it.

Sorry that I may have misunderstood what you were advocating. Yes it would be nice for you APL guys to get paid as the WO do at MAA, but hopefully in that process of getting that you won't cause the pay for the WO guys to come down.

As I understand it, once at MAA, everyone will have voting rights on anything that goes on at Mainline. So it will be nice to see if the more Junior APL and WO can work together to bring some peace to this place.

Should make for a fun cockpit at MDA. I heard PSA has been a real joy since the J4J guys came over..... Man I can't wait to sling a gear at MDA and listen to my Capt. telling me how to operate a Jet. Fun, Fun, where do I sign up!!!! LOL, oh.... usairways-express.com!!! I am so there....

Captains

aww thats nothing new.

Ask any of the 99' hires at US Airways.

It's not a MidAtlantic thing. It's a Captain thing.

It is the same nomatter where you go. If the Captain with whome you are flying is confident in himself, comfortable with the airplane and with the operation (and of course as long as you dont suck), then you'll have a good trip.

If the Captain with whome you are flying is insecure, scared, nervous, and otherwise lacks confidence (or, if you do suck) then you'll likely be the recipient of some of that high-quality jet flight instruction.

If you experience the latter just write his name on the bathroom wall with the others and move on. :cool:

PS - If you find yourself reaching for that speedbrake handle more than once or twice a trip you probably need that flight instruction!

Latest resources

Back