• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidAtlantic Captain Positions At 01/99 DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any indication of new positions coming out of these 3 (or is it 6?) upcoming deliveries? I might actually take one now as my decisions continue to play out in a manner I wasn't particularly expecting. Maybe the 170 as a last ditch effort at a flying career I can live on (and with)?

Boy Swaayze,

I'm glad you didn't go. I feel just awful for these poor MidAtlantic pilots. The company just wont leave them alone!

How many times can one individual face the same uncertainty? I dont know whether i'm more disgusted with the mainline MEC or with US Airways management.

If the company had elected to sell Airbus 320s to Republic there would be outrage throughout the industry. I would imagine even Duane Woerth would get involved.

But since this only involved the E170s and the US Airways "castaways" it is simply ignored. I just hope that Republic does the right thing and provides these people with positions -- and hopefully a seat lock.

For you and I though, Swaayze, I have another question.

How many job-changes do you suppose are acceptable after 09/11?

I've been through 3 different companies since I was laid off. My resume, pretty soon, will need to be printed on a roll of parchment. Will companies in the future look at this negatively? Or will they understand the challenges we face trying to rebuild our careers after 09/11?

Good luck in your decision.

I think CHQ/Republic will do the right thing and employ most of the MDA folks. It would save them money (assuming a quick indoc + a few sims transition course) and allow them a turnkey operation with little extra expense.

As for jobs post 9/11. Oh boy. I'm on #4 already. Only 1 of these moves was questionable IMO (of course that doesn't include bypassed J4J opportunities that are very questionable!). I remember hearing of one of the 7 yr furloughees from U who said he had 3 jobs before coming back and I thought that was way out of line, but now I see how easy it is. I really am not worried about how it looks to future potential employers, just because I'm numb to it all now I think. I'm sure that some employers will view it poorly and many will understand, just like with the current stigma of being an airline furloughee.

Latest resources

Back