Michigan Senate Bill No. 502

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Viking

" A newly passed Michigan state law (Enrolled Senate Bill No. 502) says that an individual who possesses, carries, or attempts to possess or carry a firearm, explosive, knife with a blade of any length, razor, box cutter or item with a similar blade, or a dangerous weapon in a sterile area of a commercial airport is guilty of a misdemeanor. If an individual is caught with one of those items during the boarding process, he or she is guilty of a felony." (FPA,2002)

Last month my nail clippers were confiscated, next month I'll have to grow a beard in fear of being convicted of a felony!

beards

Yea, but think of the money you'll save on razorblades and shaving cream.

I flew on Monday, and was rather amused when watching this poor man and his "random" check. He was a business man in his suit. He had his nice laptop with him, and his briefcase. He had a screwdriver in his computer bag. Believe it or not, they made him leave it at the airport.

But then at the other side of things...this woman behind me at the metal detectors, who also had the pleasure of having her bags checked had the guts to carry her nail care case with her. What irks me, is the fact that all over every airport in the nation there is a basic list of many things that are not permitted. (not going into how ludicrous these things are, just the fact that it has been made clear they are not permitted on airplanes). Her cuticle scissors are on this list and she continued to argue. She sat there for fifteen minutes telling them that she already got them through one security checkpoint. (I dont think trying to argue that the incompetency of the FATASS staff--I think that acronym is hilarious--is the way to convince another security screener that she should be permitted to have these things).

I know, and you all know that we are going to have these hassles for a while. Why doesn't the general public realize that this situation is going to be around for a while. Trying to argue over cuticle scissors is not going to be the solution to the problem???

ali

<insert siggy here>

Latest resources

Back