Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MASH4077

It's 5 O'Clock Charlie!
Was wondering if anyone had any current info on Miami Air?
QOL, pay, etc? Feel free to PM me. I would like to talk with any current Miami Air pilots if possible.

Thanks!

I interviewed there in June. CP very nice and laidback. Very matter of fact about the company. Seems like a good place if you can live off of 35k - 45k for the next 4 or 5 years. 9 hard days off a month. Not very commuter friendly. He said they had a couple but mos tlive around MIA. I was invited back for a second int. (sim ride). Travel is at own expense. If the money was better I would go in a minute but I think that is gonna be what keeps me from going there. I cant live off of 35k to 45k for the next 4 years I will be bankrupt. All brand new equip. Just picked up the NY Yankees contract. SOunds like tons of great flying and destinations. 18k 3 yr training contract and he made it clear they will come after you if you leave within 3 yrs. I think he said most captains make 6 figs or maybe just below. No technical q's. Just basically an overview of the company and just kinda tries to get to know ya. Hope this helps a little.

This should tell you that there is no where near a pilot shortage. Miami Air has people showing up for their classes, and people sticking around.

The pay is very low at Miami Air. You will make $35k a year for the next 4 years flying a B737-800. I was there for a year and a half and thats all i could afford.
The flying is ok when you actually get to sit in the cockpit and the captain lets you touch the controls. Minimum rest and and lots of trips go with three pilots. You commercial all over the planet in coach, so if you like being a passenger this is the job for you. NO CASS.......so no jump seating.
If you are looking for some 737 time and want to live like a college kid for a few years than this is not a bad gig.

Last edited:
18k 3 yr training contract and he made it clear they will come after you if you leave within 3 yrs.

Typical scare tactic used by mgmt.
Pretty ballsy of them only paying you 35K to fly a 737-800 then threaten to sue you if you quit within the 3 years.

The last 2 airlines I've flown for had those stupid "pro rated" training bond contracts. I know people who have quit, and the company did nothing. It costs them more to fight it then it would to let it go.

you'll have fun flying illegals from phx down to honduras, guatemala, el salvador. for ICE

they just underbid Pace to get the contract so we blew out last night.

i am so sick of 4 1/2 legs i could puke.

if you can pay your house with the picture of the 737-800 come on board, morale at all time low just like the paycheck

MASH4077: Miami Air is a 121 Supplemental Charter Company that flys 6 737-800's and 2 737-400's. The 800's fly all over the world and the 400's do mostly domestic. 9 hard days off per month with 2 more it they don't need you to work. They have a 70 hour guarentee and days off pay is 200.00 I think for a first officer. Trip length is max 7 days but you can extend if you want. Currently in negotiations with the company for a new contract. Represented by IBT and soon to be CASS. Great flying, good place to get lot's of int'l experience. Pay is very low to start and hard to commute with stand-by days. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back