• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Miami Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course you can jumpseat at with others if you work at Miami Air, they are 121 yah know, and have plenty of reciprocal jumpseat agreements. im sure you could work out a commutable line if you managed to get in there, throw a resume at them, whats the worst that could happen?

Great, the GIA guy loves it, what else do you need to know? Low pay and Eastern SCABS. Sounds grrrrreat!

As far as I know no type is required. I understand a three year training contract is, and the pay is around $35k to start. I have not worked there but I've worked at other small companies and the problem in that kind of environment is the intense politics. Work someplace with hundreds of pilots and you're just a number, nobody will be gunning for you.

JTrain said:
I saw one of their 737-800s in Kigali, Rwanda, about two months ago. What was it doing there?

Waiting patiently to fuel and take-off. Miami Air is ETOPS 180 approved.

kevdog said:
Waiting patiently to fuel and take-off. Miami Air is ETOPS 180 approved.

Tell me about it. Sometimes I think I might die of old age waiting for the fuel truck to show up, often my outfit has to do it with drums. The African pace of life takes some getting used to. I'm mostly in the Congo, which is a mess. Rwanda at least is somewhat better organized. And if you're short of fuel, you could pop over to Nairobi, Entebbe, or Dar E Salaam.

BTW - when Miami Air was in Kigali, they were parked near that SN Belgium A330 that the Rwandan government seized.

Last edited:
Miami Air was flying from Rwanda to Darfur doing troop exchange for the AU. I was there in flesh and blood pretty much for the month of Febuary and beginning of March. I loved it but some of the other pilots werent' too excited about it. BTW what do you do in the Congo, our mininums are 2500TT basically will take anyone but a contact within the company will give you priority. People that have developing country experience in their blood, either flown or growing up there are successful at Miami Air. Others fall by the wayside and go to more stable and predictable jobs.

Latest resources

Back