Mexico Trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyking1976

Any advice for getting through Mexican Customs? I may have a trip south of the border this weekend and I'm wondering what the procedure is for filing flight plans to Mexico and if there is anything special that needs to be done in order to clear their customs inspection.

Thanks!
SK:cool:

Give us more info. What town are you departing from and what mexican town are you flying to?
FD

Not sure where we are flying into. I know that it will probably not be a "border town". Departing from Denver-Jeffco.

Sky,

Get a handler. Contact Manny Aviation Services....they should be on the web. They handle Jeppesen and Universal clients as well but dealing directly can save you quite a few bucks.

If you had a Spanish speaking crew member you might be able to avoid some of the handler business, though.

Watch out in Juarez, the customs guy and the handler tried pipming my captain for $1400 cash because they said he did not have an exit stamp in his passport. Our exit stamps are always on our flight plan and paperwork given to the handlers in Toluca or wherever. Just watch your back the customs guys are not always the good guys.

Manny Aviation Services. A little extra cash goes a long way too. Try to avoid the less traveled areas. The airports frequented by US citizens seem be easier to work with.

Latest resources

Back