Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LJDRVR

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here knows what the rules are on a FAA certificated airman performing SIC duties on a Mexican registered jet being flown in Mexico? (Not for hire)

I have an opportunity to fly an airplane I thought I never would, anybody know a definitive answer?

Muchas Gracias

If you fly outside the national boundaries of your certificate(s), your certificates must match the aircraft registration. You can fly a foreign registered aircraft within the US with FAA certificates.

Thanks Rick, That's what I was afraid of. I've got the DGAC regs in PDF format, but a cursory read hasn't identified the article related to foreign certificate conversion. (I can barely read aviation Spanish.) I should be able to get some help soon with a translation.

Any knowledge of this area?

(If I can work this out, I'll get to add the 29 to my logbook!!)

Rick1128 said:
If you fly outside the national boundaries of your certificate(s), your certificates must match the aircraft registration. You can fly a foreign registered aircraft within the US with FAA certificates.

I'm not so sure about that. I have flown a number of Irish registered A/C in the USA, Mexico, Caribbean and Venezuela on a US pilot certificate. Many leased A/C flown in the US by US crews are foreign registered. It's common with Supplemental 121 carriers flying scheduled charters.

what airplane would you fly?

If you need hel pn translating i can help, just copy/paste te piees ypu want translated and send them to me

Latest resources

Back