Metros based @ HHR (Hawthorne, CA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BuckMurdock1

Just curious if anyone knows the name of that Pt. 135 operation- I think they operate 2 sewerpipes. One has red trim if I remember correctly..

Any additional info. to the name would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Their Metros operate under Berry Aviation's 135 certificate, but the actual name of the company is Metro Jet. They've also got some Hawkers and what-not I've heard under a different certificate.

they also like to run those san antone sewerpipes into the hangars over there......helps if you pull both throttles back when you lose an engine...

Back in 1998 or so I interviewed with a company at HHR that ran Metros. I don't know if they are related to the current incarnation. They did a lot of charters to the Grand Canyon. I was offered a position and said they would call with a class date. I said cool. After about 3 weeks I called them to check up on it and they said, "Yea, it will be real soon.". Never heard from them again.

Thanks 4 the info.
Ill Mitch- 1st of all that sucks-- what a bunch of flakes (but I guess that's the nature of aviation); just curious- what kind of time did you have back then? Was the 'offer' for a PIC slot? thx again.

lol even better. Always good when you dont follow procedures for your airplane. also helps if you actually perform an aborted takeoff when you lose control of the plane, not screw around with it for over 600 feet and wait for it to depart the runway before you retard the power levers, lol. oh well. maybe im just a bit cynical, lol.

BuckMurdock1 said:
Thanks 4 the info.
Ill Mitch- 1st of all that sucks-- what a bunch of flakes (but I guess that's the nature of aviation); just curious- what kind of time did you have back then? Was the 'offer' for a PIC slot? thx again.

Yes, that is the nature of aviation. Oh well.
I had about 3500TT and 400 multi at the time. It was going to be for the left seat. At the time I was current in multi engine stuff flying a Twin Otter and C-340, so I wouldn't have been a total idiot in the airplane. Looking back on it, probably good that it didn't go through.

Latest resources

Back