• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
METAR KSPG 250053Z AUTO 02007KT 10SM CLR 31/25 A2992 RMK AO2 SLP131
T03060250 TSNO

what does the bolded/italicized part of this metar mean? and where can i find a list of metar explanations? in the AIM?

cforst513 said:
METAR KSPG 250053Z AUTO 02007KT 10SM CLR 31/25 A2992 RMK AO2 SLP131
T03060250 TSNO

what does the bolded/italicized part of this metar mean? and where can i find a list of metar explanations? in the AIM?

It's coded temperature and dewpoint. T means Temperature I assume. The first four digits are the temperature. In this example the temp is 30.6C. The last four numbers are dewpoint: 25.0C. If 1's were the first or fifth number that would mean a negative reading.

Last edited:
405 said:
It's coded temperature and dewpoint. T means Temperature I assume. The first four digits are the temperature. In this example the temp is 30.6C. The last four numbers are dewpoint: 25.0C. If 1's were the first or fifth number that would mean a negative reading.

only a government body would see fit to duplicate a part of such a printout, the T/DP are already listed. But can they provide universal uncoded weather to people? Noo-oo. Even if we are now out of the teletype age where every digit is sacred.

GravityHater said:
only a government body would see fit to duplicate a part of such a printout, the T/DP are already listed. But can they provide universal uncoded weather to people? Noo-oo. Even if we are now out of the teletype age where every digit is sacred.

No kidding. The main body is easy enough to figure out, but they sure get creative in the remarks.

Latest resources

Back