• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa's J.O. will take questions LIVE today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have gotta choke at the response to this question.......they guy is smoking crack 24/7

Comment from: Jonathan Ornstein [Member]
Comment from: Gomcfadden [Visitor]
I happen to have a mesa pilot contract in front of me. First officers pay between 1,555/mo and tops 3,000/mo. Only one week vacation/yr. 16 hour days. No matching 401k. Only 80% coverage on medical/dental. This is horrible pay and work conditions. School janitors make way more than this. I believe you get what you pay for, and there is no way I would, in good conscience, put my family aboard any Mesa plane, GO! or otherwise. Is this contract true Mr. Ornstein. It must be because I got it from one of your pilots. My question is how do you sleep at night.

+++

Our pilots are among the highest if not the highest compensated regional airline pilots in the industry. While first officer wages are low throughout the industry -- and Mesa is no exception -- we have never in our 25 year history been unable to upgrade a first officer to captain within 5 years. Additionally we have never had to move pilots backwards in their career. Over any reasonable period of time 5, 7, 10 or 12 years our pilots "out earn" the vast majority of their peers in the regional industry. In addition our CRJ 900 rates are the second highest rates in the regional industry and are similar to narrow body rates at other carriers.

a little interesting trivia

Hey OB-CPO, is that AVATAR from Indiana Jones? If so, that pilot flies as a SWA captain. Nice guy too!

Our pilots are among the highest if not the highest compensated regional airline pilots in the industry. While first officer wages are low throughout the industry -- and Mesa is no exception -- we have never in our 25 year history been unable to upgrade a first officer to captain within 5 years. Additionally we have never had to move pilots backwards in their career. Over any reasonable period of time 5, 7, 10 or 12 years our pilots "out earn" the vast majority of their peers in the regional industry. In addition our CRJ 900 rates are the second highest rates in the regional industry and are similar to narrow body rates at other carriers.

Ok so why are you canceling newhire classes, can't keep pilots on property, and timing out pilots all over?? What a duchebag, half of the obove are lies I see how this next contract is going to go. Burn the house down!!!

That is some good insite to a man who has so many people that would love to hit him with a bat.

He is the bottom of the barrel in the airline business.

Medeco

Latest resources

Back