Mesaba's new base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Workin'Stiff said:
I'm just curious how you determined that XJ isn't going to be getting westward expansion based upon NW schedules. The only time tables published extended out to August 19th. That's a far cry from the optomisitic October revenue service. So maybe we'll be going west, maybe not. Right now, no one has any idea, like you said. Except for those deep inside the NW catacombs making all of these decisions...

You can search flights up to a year in advance on the NWA website. I understand that these are subject to change but so far, there is no indication of westward focus on CRJ expansion for Mesaba, but then....what does it matter? The only speculation that makes any sense for Mesaba's fleet plan is a light overly on the entire domestic route network (just like the Avro and PCL CRJ's).

At this point, anyone who claims to know the Airlink fleet plans well into the future is just dreaming. :rolleyes:

That's true but doesn't mean that Northwest has every route and time planned 1 year in advance. Things are shuffled quite a bit. Times, planes, companies, locations, often with much less than a year notice.

DoinTime said:
Looking at the NW schedule XJ isn't scheduled for any western service in the CRJ. Just admit that outside of DSM and CWA no one that reads this board has any idea where XJ CRJs are going.

So, by searching the NW schedule for XJ CRJ flights, where did you see them scheduled and focusing their service at? If you can't determine that they aren't going west, where can you determine that they are going? You are right, alot of it right now is a guessing game, but don't be surprised to see Mesaba/NW take advantage of the flap 8 capability to go higher/hotter because 9E doesn't have that option.

Regional4life said:
...but don't be surprised to see Mesaba/NW take advantage of the flap 8 capability to go higher/hotter because 9E doesn't have that option.

Even when XJ gets the additional 20 options on top of their existing order PCL will still have more flap 8 CRJs. Sorry if thats news to you.

Regional4life said:
don't be surprised to see Mesaba/NW take advantage of the flap 8 capability to go higher/hotter because 9E doesn't have that option.
Thanks for the info. I guess I was daydreaming all the times I flew a flaps 8 airplane at 9E.

I love all the "factual" info that people come up with here.

liv'n_on_credit said:
Thanks for the info. I guess I was daydreaming all the times I flew a flaps 8 airplane at 9E.

I love all the "factual" info that people come up with here.

The flaps didn't go to 8 until you bent them going through multiple ditches in MKE.

You guys are the model for professional aviators everywhere. You deserve an industry leading contract.

jackbo said:
The flaps didn't go to 8 until you bent them going through multiple ditches in MKE.

You guys are the model for professional aviators everywhere. You deserve an industry leading contract.

Thats enough of that. Stop now, you are already looking like a sore loser with your stupid response.

Last I checked the flaps selector on 8932 still skips 8 and goes straight to 20.

Latest resources

Back