• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Tool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every Airline has their 3-5 Captains (or more then 5)that are just alittle on the odd side.

Once you've have been flying for awhile you'll learn that there's nothing you can do to change these Captains. How they act, how they fly the plane, how they talk on the radio, how they treat other people, how they have their weird tendencies to do wierd stuff, etc etc.

Bottom line is that many folks are different and when comes right down to it you really need to worry about one thing...... And thats yourself.

Worse thing you can do is let these people even get a rise out of you. They are who they are and if you don't like it or fight it then your just setting yourself up for a LONG 4 Day trip with them.

Every Airline has their 3-5 Captains (or more then 5)that are just alittle on the odd side.

Once you've have been flying for awhile you'll learn that there's nothing you can do to change these Captains. How they act, how they fly the plane, how they talk on the radio, how they treat other people, how they have their weird tendencies to do wierd stuff, etc etc.

Bottom line is that many folks are different and when comes right down to it you really need to worry about one thing...... And thats yourself.

Worse thing you can do is let these people even get a rise out of you. They are who they are and if you don't like it or fight it then your just setting yourself up for a LONG 4 Day trip with them.
He must have missed the memo...

Sensible, logical, and otherwise civil discourse is not allowed here. You've been warned.

(excellent post...except I figure the "weirdo" percentage sits closer to 72.385%)

I say stupid sh!t on the radio just to piss off others. I'm hoping one day that one of you will start a thread about me, then I know I did my job. Please don't have a heart attack over this though, it's merely to lighten the mood.

Stu wouldn't call you a tool...he's never had anything bad to say about anyone, and from the read I get on you you certainly would be a candidate...Stu's been doing the job faithfully and competently since before you sprouted the low hairs, so shut the @#$%^& up and aspire to do your job as well and long as Stu has...good bye and "have the day of your choice"!

Anyone heard the controller in Kansas City center that sounds like Cleveland from Family Guy? That'll make you about pee yourself.

So some guy decides to have a little fun/spice up ATC announcements, and you throw a fit? Pull those panties out of your ***. I'd much rather fly with this kinda guy, laid back, having some fun, than some stuck-up-chip-on-shoulder-god's-gift-to-aviation type of Captains. And YOU know who those are.

lighten up folks...

S.M. really is a good guy who would do anything for you. That being said the ATC stuff is really embarassing at times. The best I ever heard was when I was flying with him one day into DTW. We were flight #3555. He was the PNF and checked on the tower frequency with "Tower this is Mesaba three triple nickel on the visible for the port side over the Henry Ford Museum". I made him take all the radio calls once we landed because I did not want my voice in any way associated with that transmission. Every time I hear his voice on ATC I just look over at my FO and smile knowing that there is some FO in that plane that is just as embarrassed as I used to be! But beyond that S.M. is a safe, decent pilot. I guess being a captain is like being a parent. Every now and then you will embarass your kids. (or FOs)

I personally have seen xj fo's wear their epelettes upside down. I had heard people were doing it so I have been on the lookout.

Latest resources

Back