• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to Furlough?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I understand it is that they can bypass the 14 day rule when "events beyond the control of the company (or something like that)" are happening.

When did that class begin?

Why did the voluntary notices go out by a/c type and seat rather than by seniority? It will be by seniority when they get around to mandetory furloughs so i guess I don't understand why the request when out that way.

Still this whole things smells like bs to me. If NWA owns a 1/3 (give or take) of our stock, just bought an a$$load more with the recent ASA; why would they let our/their stock take take a tumble? It hasn't yet mysteriously. But logic says it will when our revenue decreases with the supposed parking of the Avros, and money being pissed away in training events with people switching types. Seems like a giant circle jerk with all of us (NWA, XJ, 9E) caught in the middle. Hopefully the BK can see through the smoke that is being thrown up.

When is that date with the judge, the 6th or 7th?

I'll bet a Rio Wrap and my left nut that Avros will fly in some shape or form.

avrodriver said:
It's riddle posts like this that convince me I need to back away from this message board for good, keep work issues where they belong....at work...and just let the bad news hit me on the head when it's ready.

Your posts are appreciated, and I'm sure your just trying to help, but honestly they say/mean/translate into absolutely nothing.

?Lost?

AD
Really. The sad part was that guy was sober when he typed it.

Voluntaries were by A/C because they want to keep the Crj drivers and reduce Arj drivers. If they don't get what they want through voluntaries, then involuntary furloughs and aircraft displacements begin. Joy.

wmudriver said:
If NWA owns a 1/3 (give or take) of our stock, just bought an a$$load more with the recent ASA; why would they let our/their stock take take a tumble? It hasn't yet mysteriously.

They own 28% of Mesaba, that includes the new stock they picked up with the new ASA. That is a good chunk of Mesaba, but very small apples to NWAq.

MAIR Stock is down nearly 45% over the past week and a half. I'd say it is on it's way to be bankrupt.

A bankrupt MAIR is different from a bankrupt NWA. A bankrupt MAIR closes down for good. It is a way for NWA to flex muscle against the unions. MAIR has ALPA, AFA, and AMFA. NWAq already got rid of AMFA through the unions own poor leadership. Now NWAq will have MAIR fold up, along with XJ's ALPA, and AFA, and thus using this as a fear tactic against NWAq ALPA. (AFA is already dead at NWAq, if not, it will be by HaunaRamaKwanzMas.) The termination of XJ's branch of ALPA will be used as a strong-arm against NWA ALPA. Somewhat of a "See what we can do?" demonstration by the Executive Team at NWAq.

The Executive Team at NWAq is looking for a NWAq to be union free, even if it means the death of NWA. They could care less if NWAq survives. They are all looking for their next position. If they are able to put on a resume "I helped end big labor in a Fortune 100 Company", their own value goes up for the next job they are applying for. No company wants labor unions.

Mesaba is done. NWAq is done.

Napoleon TNT said:
They own 28% of Mesaba, that includes the new stock they picked up with the new ASA. That is a good chunk of Mesaba, but very small apples to NWAq.

MAIR Stock is down nearly 45% over the past week and a half. I'd say it is on it's way to be bankrupt.

A bankrupt MAIR is different from a bankrupt NWA. A bankrupt MAIR closes down for good. It is a way for NWA to flex muscle against the unions. MAIR has ALPA, AFA, and AMFA. NWAq already got rid of AMFA through the unions own poor leadership. Now NWAq will have MAIR fold up, along with XJ's ALPA, and AFA, and thus using this as a fear tactic against NWAq ALPA. (AFA is already dead at NWAq, if not, it will be by HaunaRamaKwanzMas.) The termination of XJ's branch of ALPA will be used as a strong-arm against NWA ALPA. Somewhat of a "See what we can do?" demonstration by the Executive Team at NWAq.

The Executive Team at NWAq is looking for a NWAq to be union free, even if it means the death of NWA. They could care less if NWAq survives. They are all looking for their next position. If they are able to put on a resume "I helped end big labor in a Fortune 100 Company", their own value goes up for the next job they are applying for. No company wants labor unions.

Mesaba is done. NWAq is done.

UH..........so youre a real "glass is half-full kind of person, eh?"
I doubt all that...but we'll see

Napoleon TNT said:

Put down the beer, step away from the keyboard, go sober up, and mellow out.

First of all, you need to realize the difference between MAIR Holdings and Mesaba Airlines. They purposely set these companies up this way for just this sort of thing.

Mesaba MAY declare bankruptcy, but not likely. There is no way MAIR Holdings can declare bankruptcy. They have zero debt and over $100 million in the bank. No bankruptcy there. Don't forget: Mesaba = MAIR.

If Mesaba declares bankruptcy, it would only be to extort concessions from labor. That would be very dirty pool, since MAIR Holdings still has millions in the bank.

Everyone needs to calm down. There is a lot left to this drama to be played out. We have barely started to watch, so don't jump to conclusions yet.

Last edited:
Napoleon TNT said:

Mesaba is done.

Didn't think it would be within 3 days....but hey!

Next step...

CHQ flying E170 for NWA.

Napoleon TNT said:
Didn't think it would be within 3 days....but hey!

Next step...

CHQ flying E170 for NWA.
Hey Ms. Clio, take a step back, pull your head out of you a$$ and realize something, if you were in the situation that 600 of the 1200 ish XJ pilots are, you would not be all cheery reading this.

Seeing as CHQ has a 70 seat scope on the CHQ certificate, I highly, highly doubt any E170 flying for NWA.

Head out of A$$, it's the first step to recovery...........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back