Mesaba To Furlough Over 100 Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DoinTime said:
Is that the place with the purple neon lights around the roof? I'll be the door man there any day.

I thought that was The Landing Strip?

I chose 590ma cuss that was the first saab I ever flew. I figured that turds n number would be appreciated by all who flew it back in the day.

Sorry to see all of our newer people going out on the street. I've flown with several and they all were great people.

-soon to be back in the right seat myself.

590ma

N590MA said:
and they all were great people.

I'm presuming that they still are. A little top gun humor there. Sorry to hear about what's going on over there with you guys. Good luck to all of you fellows over at MSA. Take care.

So what's going to happen if NW decides to keep all of the Avros after people get moved around into other equipment or furloughed?

Here's a question:
We are supposed to have 9 Avro's parked in the sand at MZJ. I pulled up a history of all flight plans departing from anywhere to MZJ and found that only 4 Avro's have flown there. Two of them flew from MSP, 2 from OKC, and all on the 30th or 1st and nothing since. Why haven't we parked all 9 by now or at least most of the 9? I don't want to spread rumors, but I find it odd.

Any thoughts?

Is there some type of urgent need for them to be in the desert right now? Seems if the leases are still intact at the moment it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a couple laying around for parts instead of trying to keep the mx shop fully stocked for an airplane that might be going away. When they finally get the axe then they can just order what they need. Are any of the 9 still in revenue service?

You can spin things every which way. Your going to drive yourself nuts.

The displacing guys into the right seat of the Avro thing is pretty wacked though. Who knows.

Latest resources

Back