Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba - Terminating Newhires because of lack of aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they dinosaurs invented that stupid meteor story to cover up the fact that they washed out of the evolutionary process.

Anyway, total BS. I have a buddy at Mesaba that says no way to this story. This dude either ticked off somebody, had something come out later in the background check, or just was not progressing in training.

Mesaba is definately scaling back thier ops, however, I don't believe that they have furloughed any yet, but it is likely.

There has only been one avro scrapped due to maint. but that was over 2 years ago - The maint dept. has not done anymore damage then any other depts have done since then. Your friend is BS'ing you

Last edited:
Umm.. there are 28 new hires in the current class and they are planning about 20 a month for a while. So i heard anyway.

Last edited:
IFIxUmUBrakeUm said:
Your friend is BS'ing you

A fellow colleage told me that NWA was looking for a third ticket to fly the 170's and get around scope. Does MESABA BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ring a bell. Mesaba own's Big Sky, right? Is Big Sky bound by NWA scope? WAKE UP PEOPLE?

Da Fed

So there I am, hanging near the ole flyin' farm, minding my professional pilot business, when I happen to run into an old friend and colleague of mine who I haven't seen in a while... and who happens to be one of the FEDS for XJ. And through the course of our cordial conversation I ask him if he cares to tell me what type of aircraft Mesaba is going to get. I figure he would know because he would have a direct hand in oversite and compliance. And in the spirit of our friendship and within the bounds of his legal obligations he said to me in earnest, "I'd love to tell you, but ... I can't." With that we then proceeded to talk about the weather.

Cogitate on that bit of conversation for what it's worth.

okay shrrrule, you are full of it, scaling back the operation? Who do you get your info from? Do you enjoy being and idiot? When a company is hiring, does that mean that they are scaling back? And as for the letting someone go during training.......lets see, i can smell a lie a mile away......and he smells! Because the only other explaination, is that he was quite a pilot, because they need to hire like 20 this month and over 20 next month to replace him! Do me a favor shrrule, make a rule to warn us when you are about to contribute to this forum, so i can be sure to ignore your ramblings! HEy Garf! Brother from shamrock! Lets have a beer dude.......jk

88_MALIBU said:
I am literally in stitches laughing so dayum hard at 8hrtool. I really needed it...

Big Sky, Mesaba, and Pinnacle, thanks 8-you made me smile.

Its all about you, Malibootee.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back