Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone please post this memo

Nothing has been said at Mesaba...

The DO has been coming into ground schools saying that we are getting 15 more 900's. 8 new from the factory and 7 from Freedom???

This was said as late as yesterday in Recurrent Ground

I heard that from instructors in Training center today..and that Mesaba is bidding on the 30+ options that NWA has on the CRJ-900's. On the saab side we will base at least 5 saabs in ATL, not the crews just the airplanes. With crews to bridge through at least TRI if not other cities.
Supposedly, painting and new interiors will begin in April for the saabs.

Lots of stuff coming from ground school...but still no memo or anything official that I can find. Might want to be careful about taking anything too seriously yet.

I heard that from instructors in Training center today..and that Mesaba is bidding on the 30+ options that NWA has on the CRJ-900's. On the saab side we will base at least 5 saabs in ATL, not the crews just the airplanes. With crews to bridge through at least TRI if not other cities.
Supposedly, painting and new interiors will begin in April for the saabs.

That cannot happen
Since the new JCBA became effective delta can only have 120 76 seat jets which they already have. New flying will be someone elses flying

Alright I was not going to post it here, well, I still will not but I will summerize the SOC Memo I saw the other day. It goes something like this, we are getting 15 900's, 8 new and 7 from freedom's old planes. The last one delivered this summer. By the end of the year they will start painting our planes the new colors. One of the previous posts was correct about flying out of atl, but no base, as of yet. Also, the company did not expect much more growth other than what we currently have, but then Delta opened up bidding for everyone on 35 crj 900 options they have. They also have a bid with delta for some ground operations, 50 different cities on the east coast. most of this growth will be on the east coast, with a lot of operations going out of JFK. Management at a recent meeting said they like our chances for getting a lot of these bids that are out. Apparently our operations are good and efficient. Once again, I read a memo from the director of the SOC, but if you want, just treat this as another FI rumor. my source is excellent-

Alright I was not going to post it here, well, I still will not but I will summerize the SOC Memo I saw the other day. It goes something like this, we are getting 15 900's, 8 new and 7 from freedom's old planes. The last one delivered this summer. By the end of the year they will start painting our planes the new colors. One of the previous posts was correct about flying out of atl, but no base, as of yet. Also, the company did not expect much more growth other than what we currently have, but then Delta opened up bidding for everyone on 35 crj 900 options they have. They also have a bid with delta for some ground operations, 50 different cities on the east coast. most of this growth will be on the east coast, with a lot of operations going out of JFK. Management at a recent meeting said they like our chances for getting a lot of these bids that are out. Apparently our operations are good and efficient. Once again, I read a memo from the director of the SOC, but if you want, just treat this as another FI rumor. my source is excellent-

Oh good lord man! You actually did it!!!! HAHAHAHA!

I think I may have seen this memo recently. Do you have any idea why the SOC has it but, besides the ground school stuff (which I'm sure you'll agree is notoriously inaccurate), we haven't had anything else specifically directed toward the pilot group?

Now the 15 number makes sense.

7 - from Freedom/Pinnacle (they're hardly old with all of them younger than our first 900s).

7 - from the balance of the Freedom order

1 - from the balance of the Comair order.

The JPWA does cap 76 seaters at 120. However the 76 seat fleet can grow if mainline grows. They have planes on order and are shopping for a DC9 replacement. Not to mention the fact that they can get rid of other 76 seaters in favor of more 900s. Just sayin'.

Now the 15 number makes sense.

7 - from Freedom/Pinnacle (they're hardly old with all of them younger than our first 900s).

7 - from the balance of the Freedom order

1 - from the balance of the Comair order.

The JPWA does cap 76 seaters at 120. However the 76 seat fleet can grow if mainline grows. They have planes on order and are shopping for a DC9 replacement. Not to mention the fact that they can get rid of other 76 seaters in favor of more 900s. Just sayin'.

Are you trying to use common sense in flight info? you should know better. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back