• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Street Captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this was directed towards me, I was just asking a simple question about rsv hours. I was offered a CA spot and am curious about what I could expect my monthly hours to be. At my current airline, the past few months the rsv CAs have been used quite a bit as FOs. Does this happen at XJ? I realize it varies, but in the past few months, have the rsv's been breaking guarantee or falling way short? Working most, if not all days on call, or working only a few days a month? I do believe I act in a manner consistent with a professional and part of that is inquiring about life at a new job before I get there so I am sure I am making the right decision. I will move to base just as I did here since I have very little baggage or significant other at this phase of my life to move or worry about. Thanks for helping to answer a few questions.

Dont worry my friend, just be the way you are and you'll be ok. That guy's comment are always about not coming here and acting like a dou****bag. The crazy part is that his comments only show how much of a @$$ he really is. Lets pray to god you dont get stuck on a 4 day trip with that guy. You'll never hear the end of how your shirt is getting a bit dirty after 3 days in the SAAB.

it varies for hours. But here this, you better live in base for a life like that. Oh and by the way, if you are planning to come here, here is something to think about. Will you act arrogant when you think how lucky you are to have a schedule right away and feel you deserve a better one a lot sooner? Do you think you deserve a quick upgrade? Do you wear your sunglasses in the crewroom with your phone earpiece in all the time?

here is what many XJ pilots have dealt with. Years, yes years on reserve, many times not living in that base. Being displaced from an aircraft or a captain seat. losing houses and cars because of a fake bankruptcy. Now ask yourself, when I get to XJ, how will I act? will it be as a professional? or will you make a fool out of yourself?

I say this, but I will be the first to welcome you to our airline. Just know what XJ's past is and what we have been through. Oh, and even though some of our management has changed, beware of them!

As much i usually dislike this guy's "advice" every time, he does have a valid point. Be cool with people and stay on your toes. Alot of low time guys, and you being a new captain can creat some friction. If anything just have a good attitude with alot of the Senior FOs. I'm sure they'll be the once in whom you will get the most attitude from, but then again...if you're cool as hell you shouldn't make any enemies. I dont know how XJ is with reserve, but if it's like most regionals get ready to be "abused" a bit, especially if you're the Bottom guy. It's just part of the job, but just keep this in mind everytime you get junior manned or have long days "BUILDING 121PIC!!!!" That should keep you faily motivated. And good move on living in base, it really does make a big difference. Especially when you're on reserve for a long time. Good luck my friend, and we will see you on the line!

I think what most pilots want to make clear to street captains is that you are more than welcome to come here, after all you'll always be junior to the guys already here. However, you, the street captain, need to understand the demographics of this pilot group and ask yourself if you'll fit in. The past three-four has been much like fighting a war, your buddies in the trenchs looked out for you and you for them. The threat of someone comming into what is a VERY respected pilot group without going through any kind of rights of passage is a little uncomfortable for some, if not most the pilots here. So, the best thing you can do for the guys that have suffered here during the bad times while you may have been riding the wave at 9E, Republic, Skywest, ect is to Not wear your sunglasses in the airports, or walk around with your Ipod, you get the picture.

So I for one welcome you, I hope you will respect the suffering I had to go through to make this an airline that you can walk right into and get what I had to wait 6-7 years for. Not to say that you didn't suffer, but...you didn't suffer here and a simple THANK YOU will go along way.

So please just try to fit in....

Thank you for taking it in the TOOSH for us. LOL.
No but in all seriousness, thanks for the warm welcome and yeah looking like the terminator inside the airport does deserve a beating.

I am just excited to be done with my 6 yrs of Corporate flying BS (that I only went in to because of 9/11 screwing up my chances at the time of going 121).

I agree, as someone who did Charter flying for many years I can say that Airline reserve is PARADISE!!!! Compared to being on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!!! F**** THAT!! Bring it on crew scheduling!! :beer:

. I will not be that guy with his I-pod/ backpack/ sunglasses/ bluetooth on.

Do prescription glasses and a 5 pound 1980 walk-man make me a do****bag? hahahaha

Here we go again, the "Drama queen". I guarantee you that XJ isn't the only airline that has endured this kind of BS. And you're not the only pilot group that has endured bankrupty, dumba*** pilots, lost cars, houses and even families. So just stop before you start. Just welcome people with honesty and let them be whatever they want to be.

Your such a big tittied bitch! :p

Are they hiring street captains into both the 200 and the Saab?

Are they hiring street captains into both the 200 and the Saab?

The MSP 200 might go to a street captain because managements threat to prevent seat locked pilots from flowing up to NWA might spook a lot of pilots from bidding the 200...especially with the flow thru about to start up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back