• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Saabs soon to fly for Delta in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
awesome. so are the atl sid's going to delete the part that says accelerate to 250kts as soon as practical? just kidding.....my gf is a capt on the saab.

"TURBOPROPS: Operate in a manner that will result in best forward speed and climb rate."

Also, once the Saab levels off at 4000, it'll do 250 easily. (though maybe not at ATL in the summer)

And don't worry, I get the joke, please don't think I'm trying to "refute" your statement. :)

why do I even read this crap-there should be a BS meter for a thread on this place. Keep the BS to minimum for XJ postings since I tend to read them. BTW the head of the SOC sent a email stating that they did not want the news for the Saabs released yet since it was not 100% done yet. OH and the thought at the GO was that the only positive thing for us to have a base in ATL was that it gives us a spot in the new delta's home mecca of ATL. Making it likely that we might have a future with the new DELTA for years to come. OH and this was not the big rumor news that is still in the works.

why do I even read this crap-there should be a BS meter for a thread on this place. Keep the BS to minimum for XJ postings since I tend to read them. BTW the head of the SOC sent a email stating that they did not want the news for the Saabs released yet since it was not 100% done yet. OH and the thought at the GO was that the only positive thing for us to have a base in ATL was that it gives us a spot in the new delta's home mecca of ATL. Making it likely that we might have a future with the new DELTA for years to come. OH and this was not the big rumor news that is still in the works.

XJ your 100% spot on. Talked to someone pretty in the know and they said that there were some conversations if Mesaba would be interested in doing this. When they asked how they needed to adjust staffing for it they were told in no uncertain terms "don't even worry about it".

XJHAwk your spot on. had the chance to talk to somebody that would have been very affected by the new staffing that ALT would required and they were told "don"t worry about it".

Latest resources

Back