• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Saab NDB's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. We have bearing pointers on our EHSI's, so it is essentially an NDB approach on a fancy RMI. There's no drift diamond, or anything fancy like that.

we do them (ndb approaches) and there are certain check airman/apd that will make you do them on your checkride/type ride. be ready to do them, on the line will you do them. ahh at certain airports during a certain wind condition day, ie. U.P of michigian there are a few airports. like the past post wrote use the bearing pointer on the ehsi works like a charm.

Plus, you get a little quality am radio airplay.....

Yea it showes up on the efis but the slab also has an RMI

Gotta love the FMS for backup on the NDB approaches. Especially at CYXU.

Whah? I thought that thing was supposta be turned off 10 miles from the field. (I actually had an FO do that to me one time.) :rolleyes:

Saab FMS

I'm still trying to figure out that FMS restriction 10 miles out, etc, etc... wouldn't using the FMS for backup on an NDB (CIU, CYXU, etc) just fall under CRM -- Cockpit/Crew Resource Management, using ALL available resources.. I know it took almost 10 years to get the things approved, but it sure would be nice to be able to do a GPS approach to some of those airports.

Whah? I thought that thing was supposta be turned off 10 miles from the field. (I actually had an FO do that to me one time.) :rolleyes:

I had a captain do that to me also. Now it's part of my brief... the FMS remains on the display as backup on the EHSI with the NDB needle displayed as primary. Never been an issue since.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back