Mesaba rumour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjavro85

I heard the other day from a fellow pilot that mesaba is going get some more AVRO's from another airline that went Tango Uniform...can anyone verify this?

Yea - I heard that BAE was going to start production again for NW and crank out 36 more. Too bad NW will have to relax scope for any of this to happen. I won't believe anything until I'm flying in ships 537 and higher. The used avro thing makes more sense - SWISS and Lufthansa are getting rid of theirs, I think. Will they actually spend the money to retrofit the planes with the crappy FMS? Probably... Congrats to the 16 folks coming back to the line - even though it's probably more seasonal flying like the last 2 times.

FO

Just out of curiosity, what is the average fuel burn total (all four) at altitude? The CRJ200 is 3000 lbs, not sure what the CRJ700 is.

How many pilots are still out on furlough? I had an interview scheduled with Mesaba in October, 2001 that was canceled due to 9/11. Is their any chance that Mesaba will contact the people who had canceled interviews and offer one to them again? I had the travel package and application paperwork in hand when they contacted me with the bad news and asked me to send them back. It sounds like things are picking up at Mesaba based on the previous posts. Thanks in advance for the information.

Sorry Mr freeze, But your wasting your time if your waiting for Mesaba to start interviewing again. We have 46 pilots on furlough and only 16 are getting recalled. Unfortunatly the folks that are being recalled are most likely going to be re furloughed in the fall. Starting in September we are scheduled to retire our remaing 14 A-model SF-340s 2 a month until there gone. figure the company staffs at 8 pilots per plane that is 8X14 = 112 pilots that are no longer going to have planes to fly by this time next year.

Any new Avros that big brother may get will be flown by furloughed NWA pilots. Sorry to be a kill joy.

Here is an interesting question, if NWA pilots get to fly the new avro's (if they get them), who will maintain them? I was talking to a mechanic the other day about this same point. It takes a long time he said to get the proper tooling, training, and maintenace program which mesaba already has. Wouldn't that be a strange situation, operated by NWA, maintained by mesaba....

Things that make you go hmmm

I do also believe that the 69 seat scope was grandfathered into the NW 1998 contract and says that only Mesaba Aviation pilots will fly the avros. Wouldn't NW be violating their own contract if that were to happen? Again, I won't believe anything until I see it. NW/XJ/9E - spend money to save money.

FO

I do also believe that the 69 seat scope was grandfathered into the NW 1998 contract and says that only Mesaba Aviation pilots will fly the avros.

Who said anything about 69 seats? Yes it's true that current contract language states that only Mesaba will fly the CURRENT 36 avros on property with no more than 69 seats. Any future aircraft will be configured to allow for maximum seating and NWA pilots flying them won't violate the contract.

if NWA pilots get to fly the new avro's (if they get them), who will maintain them?

It would be a money saving proposition for NWA if our maintenance people serviced any new Avros for them. Do you really think they would voluntarily spend the money to set up a new fleet maintenance progam with mechanics that make 2-3 times what our mechanics make? Hell, I'm sure they would love it if our mechanics serviced their entire fleet if they thought they could get away with it.

It's amazing how NWA operates...... They've got us all speculating and worked up over these Avros and CRJs.

Honestly I don't even think NWA management even knows wtf they're gonna be doing a month from now or even a year. But I do know is that they're intentionally whipsawing all 3 pilot groups over flying the "RJ" by throwing out bait and watching it circulate throughout the system. First we "heard" that NW management offered some proposal to NWA MEC to fly CRJs. This latest rumor about NWA pilots flying the Avro is just another dead weight we bit. Not a single furloughed NWA pilot will fly an 85 seat AVRO unless they at least get proportional linear pay from the DC-9 scale. But even then, they would rather not fly an RJ in general. Hell maybe the next rumor we'll hear is NWA wants to buy used Saab 2000s, install DC-9 cockpits in them, and ask Big Sky to fly them????

Latest resources

Back