Mesaba Reduction Notice (or lack of)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joe Patroni

I was kind of surprised there hasn't been a reduction notice posted as of yet. Am I missing somehting here? I would think with CVG closing 11-1 they would want to show a reduction soon!!!!

Isn't that like saying "shouldn't more people be dying of cancer?''

With the voluntary furlough notice ending only a few days ago, I'd suspect the reduction notice to come out sometime this week, maybe tomorrow. 8 of the wanted 32 pilots took the voluntary.

RampTower said:
With the voluntary furlough notice ending only a few days ago, I'd suspect the reduction notice to come out sometime this week, maybe tomorrow. 8 of the wanted 32 pilots took the voluntary.

Havent you guys learned yet that the bad news and notices of furloughs, always come out on Fridays?

I think they are trying to be careful this time. Last time they did displacements, they over estimated and spent a ton on wasted training. I think they are using the "once bitten, twice shy" plan this time.

My thoughts are, Why are they waiting? It would be in their best interest to furlough asap to get 32 folks off the payroll. I think something is going on behind closed doors. The training schedulers are waiting to see what kind of training will be going on for November before they give the instructors their preliminary schedules.
Just a gut feeling. 3rd airline I've been through. I say to sit bak and relax and get ready to have some fun.

They are waiting to see what NWA's next move is: whether the judge O.K's it or not, then they will announce the next move to us.
Remember: Bad news on Thursdays / Fridays. Good news on .......................oh well.......nevermind.

Latest resources

Back