• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So all I need is another 2500TT more hours and I should be set. Not a problem;)

Actually just trying to see if any FO's actually started out on the Avro., or if you have to transition to one.

Cargoboy, the planes are not Mesaba's or Pinnacle's, they belong to NW:)

Yea things aren't to hot at XJ, low moral, losing routes. All Fo's are seat locked until upgrade and they share the same payscale. Unless there is a reduction of a fleet (ie wer're retiring saabs) then you can bid to the Jet, unless they furlough your ass before then. We will end up on strike, that is about 99.99999999% done. Thats ok cause most Fo's with ALPA strike benefits and unempoyment will make almost as much as they do while working. Give it a few years and Mesaba will once again be the place to work. Right now Comair is the place to be, but guess what their growth is going to slump eventually. The good thing about Mesaba is that we are last large regional to grown and go all jet. Thats assuming those ass wipers at Big Sky don't do it for us.

Its time to stop the race to bottom for the cheapest pilots and cheap airlines. Otherwise all that money you spent on your education is going to get you no where. Hope you think RJ's are coool cause your gonna fly them for the rest of your career.

cargoboy

When Mesaba was hiring they hired FOs for the Saab AND Avro. It was based on whatever they needed at the time. But "some" Avro FOs will have you believe that they were handpicked to fly the Avro because they had the flight time and flew the interview sim. perfect.

Anyway, since the Avro is very senior, very few Avro FOs upgraded into the Avro because it was at least 3, sometimes 4 years before holding Avro Captain. So it was common for Avro FOs to upgrade into the Saab. I think to those few high and mighty Avro FOs it was a "downgrade", almost an insult.

It's a guaranteed good laugh listening to some of the AVRO FOs around the crew room or employee bus. "Yep.. there I was at FL330.... doing .66 with 4 engines, watching all of the other traffic blow by us..."

Last edited:
cl-65link said:
Cargoboy, the planes are not Mesaba's or Pinnacle's, they belong to NW:)

I understand that. They are leased from NW if I am correct. that is why NW loves to pit the two against each other and rake the money from them. good busines decision on NW end. bummer for the pilots and the payscales and routes.

thanks T-handle.
I thought it might be something like that.

Hey T-Handle

You mean we weren't "hand-picked"? That's what they told me in the interview. LOL Besides, we are normally doing Mach .73 when everyone else is blowing by us. But, who cares we get paid by the minute, right? At least I don't have Saab-ass at the end of a 4 day trip. LOL.

Hey Mesaba bros and sistas,

We at Pinnacle are supporting you guys 100%. I walked with you guys in DTW and will walk again when the next picket comes. The whole whipsaw tactic sucks and I won't even get into the Big Sky debacle. But just know that we other 'Linkers are hoping you guys get what you deserve.

Rook(keeping the beer cold)
Pinnacle PR*CK
600' AGL
Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

Sorry Mesaba 2425,

Its my turn to bash you for trying to entice a fight. For everyone that doesn't know, this guy is not a Mesaba Pilot. He is a union busting pawn for the company. His posts are usually Flame Bait.

The Mesaba Pilots are over 98% unified on a strike. We are not out to sink the company, but we are out for a fair contract. We conceeded a contract in 1998 to help the company to grow (which also helped us) and with the concessions we were told by the company that we would get an industry leading contract in 2002. Now is the time to reap our rewards for those concessions and the company doesn't know what we are talking about.

To enrage us more the company tells us that we need to save money anywhere we can, and then turns around and gives our CEO a 36% raise! Soon after that our holdings company goes out and buys Big Sky airlines to whipsaw us with. We used to be a a big family here at Mesaba, but it has turned into an us against them philosophy.

Mesaba 2425 you are dead wrong thinking that we will not strike.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back