Mesaba Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Twasilew

Are they hiring Pilots that do not have the 75 hours in the last 90 days or is that a firm requirement? Thanks.

Got an interview with them Aug 15th. what is their current upgrade time and are first year F/O's able to pick up a lot of overtime. Thanks....didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Lots of open time to pick up and per contract it is time and a half. Most junior captain award went to
8-Mar-04 hire date in DTW. MSP is a few months senior to this.

upgrade time

I'm finishing up the Sim for the Saab right now, and the instructors and APD's are telling me and the rest of the FO's in my new hire class to expect 12 to 18 months for an upgrade... I'm not counting on it, but thats what they're telling us.

I would bet they would look past the recent time if you have more in the way of TT and ME time than other applicants. Not for sure though.

It doesn't matter, the upgrade is in the Saab anyway. Although, the crj is a little less sweatier.

At the interview, be sure and demand the 900. Quick way to have it over immediately....good luck!

I'm finishing up the Sim for the Saab right now, and the instructors and APD's are telling me and the rest of the FO's in my new hire class to expect 12 to 18 months for an upgrade... I'm not counting on it, but thats what they're telling us.

I was told the same thing in '05 then furloughed nine months later.

Way back when; I was interviewed and hired at XJ, they didn't care that I didn't have 75 in 90 days. That was '05, so I don't know how strict the HR department/Chief Pilots interviewing are now.

Ah yes...the March of '05 announcement of 35 CRJ's that only 2 came to fruitition. I saw the recall list and only 2 out of 28 took the recall from my new hire class. Lots of good people at XJ. It was a good time there, even in training.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back