• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba/Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, walmartwannabe, flame-bait much? Seems a corporate/army aviator with so much time wouldn't be lookin' to be a newhire at 9E/XJ.... just sayin'.

And March interviews??? I don't know about 9E, but I'm pretty sure that XJ isn't that far out... that's way too ambitious on the company's part.

I appreciate those of you who voiced a valuable opinion. Pinnacle is advertising a quick upgrade for those with 3,000 hours or more. Is this legit?

There is a very good chance that it will be at least 3 years for upgrade at pinnacle for a new hire. It might even be longer. I would not come here. Honestly.

Prob a 3 year upgrade at XJ also unless you want to do MEM Saab reserve. The growth is winding down and there is next to no attrition. Still a great place to work if you wanna join up but don't come for a quick upgrade.

No Flame Here

Thanks for the information !

Based on my flight time and experience, I do understand how my questions could raise an eyebrow. I am simply looking at earning potential, longevity and commutable bases. I have two children and want to limit my commute to ONE leg each way.

I am a bit concerned to see the antimosity flowing from Mesaba to Pinnacle/Pinnacle to Mesaba. Also the negativity/advice to NOT come to Pinnacle. Mesaba pilots appear to be optomistic. I know the voices on this website are a very small percentage of two large seniority lists.

As you can see, I have no intentions of starting a flame war. I am simply trying to find the best fit for me and my family. Who knows, I may never get an offer from either airline.

Thanks again for the info you have all provided

Thanks for the information !

Based on my flight time and experience, I do understand how my questions could raise an eyebrow. I am simply looking at earning potential, longevity and commutable bases. I have two children and want to limit my commute to ONE leg each way.

I am a bit concerned to see the antimosity flowing from Mesaba to Pinnacle/Pinnacle to Mesaba. Also the negativity/advice to NOT come to Pinnacle. Mesaba pilots appear to be optomistic. I know the voices on this website are a very small percentage of two large seniority lists.

As you can see, I have no intentions of starting a flame war. I am simply trying to find the best fit for me and my family. Who knows, I may never get an offer from either airline.

Thanks again for the info you have all provided

#1. Do not commute if it can be helped. You miss quite a bit with the little one's while you are at work. Don't aggravate it with a commute especially to reserve.

#2. I was kidding about hating on people. I my friggin job and go home. I don't have time to hate on people. Most guys don't either. Plenty of trash talk here but on line most guys that talk trash here don't have the nutz to say it out there.

#3. My bet is Mesaba is a better place to be but it really is a gamble. Pinnacle or Mesaba could be phased out the picture in a year by Delta. Doubt it but anything can happen in this business.

As a wise man once, "Welcome to the suck."

I wouldn't go to Mesaba unless they guarantee a CRJ900 slot so that you can put the red tailed CRJ900 on your avatar as thousands are currently doing, making sure they know we know what they fly.

yeah i didnt get hired at mesaba but hired at pinnacle and in the little red rocket, the crj 200, no turbo prop for me, pinnacle is gonna be way better

where do you get the avatar for the cool crj pics

A little off the subject but since both pilot groups are involved in this thread, does pinnacle and mesaba both allow offline cass jumpseaters to ride upfront if there are no seats in the back? Thanks

I was thinking about heading back to the regionals. Not getting ANY call backs from other jobs. SUCKS out there, and desperation kills. Haha.

Latest resources

Back