Mesaba payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get over it!

Get over yourself and have a little respect for someone trying to legitamately research different regionals. If you don't have anything worthwhile to add or if you're going to manipulate interpretation of my posts then do us all a favor and hit Alt-F4.

And yes I agree numbers don't have anything to do with the ability to learn, but EXPERIENCE has everything to do with good decision making and judgement calls.

g

Last edited:
Are you jealous?

Whatever makes you feel like a big man. You about done being an a$$?

I'm happy that folks can get onto the regionals quicker these days. It's all about seniority. Again, you're missing my point and it's obvious you won't get it since FI doesn't allow drawings.

Last edited:
Get over yourself and have a little respect for someone trying to legitamately research different regionals. If you don't have anything worthwhile to add or if you're going to manipulate interpretation of my posts then do us all a favor and hit Alt-F4.

And yes I agree numbers don't have anything to do with the ability to learn, but EXPERIENCE has everything to do with good decision making and judgement calls.

g

If this is so then take time and after some research, please post the statistics of all the regional airplanes incidents/accidents that were caused by the low-time FO and then compare the same with the incidents/accidents of a major airline where the FO was directly responsible.

If you decide to accept the facts, your research will change your mind and your thinking. It will, hopefully, allow you to treat your future low-time FO with respect and professional courtesy.

Whatever makes you feel like a big man. You about done being an a$$?

I'm happy that folks can get onto the regionals quicker these days. It's all about seniority. Again, you're missing my point and it's obvious you won't get it since FI doesn't allow drawings.

Now you're contradicting yourself!

No, you're cherry picking my posts and throwing your own twist on them.

Once again and hopefully for the last time... This is not a "Low-timers should not fly jets thread" nor do I have any reason to be a part of one. Earlier on I was under the impression that 3000TT was high in the regional industry to hold a captain seat. So it's not and I learned something new. I thought it was since I've heard other PNCL guys complain about it and since APC took the time to post the mins(as if it's not normal). When a previous poster asked if I would want my family on a jet with a Captain under 3000TT I simply responded that the guy in the right seat often has 250-300 hours. Is it great that this is becoming the trend of the industry for up-and-coming career pilots? Absolutely! Does more experience have any relation to better decision making and judgement calls? Absolutely! Am I contradicting myself? Nope!

You seem to think I believe low-timers have no place in the flight deck. I've never said that and don't believe it. If you still want to continue this pointless back-and-forth b.s. you can IM me. Let's try to keep the the subject at hand which was Mesaba & PNCL q&a.

Last edited:
If this is so then take time and after some research, please post the statistics of all the regional airplanes incidents/accidents that were caused by the low-time FO and then compare the same with the incidents/accidents of a major airline where the FO was directly responsible.

If you decide to accept the facts, your research will change your mind and your thinking. It will, hopefully, allow you to treat your future low-time FO with respect and professional courtesy.

I don't have to research it (not that you have) I know there's probably no connection with accidents and First Officer flight hours. Could that have anything to do with the fact that there are two people sitting up front? One with much more experience? If CRJ's were single-pilot and you had a 250 hour pilot as the sole pilot would those accident numbers go up?

How many times can I say this. I have no hidden agenda or bad blood against people getting on with low hours. I think it's great! I'm saying that a low-time pilot has not seen as much as a high time pilot and that's worth something. That's all I'm saying! Nothing else!

So if you could get off your bogus "omg he thinks low-timers have no place in the flight deck" rant I'd appreciate it.

g

Latest resources

Back