• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
A simple venting thread.

Give your ideas for concessions from Spanjebob Jinglepants, et al. Points awarded for creativity.

And away we go . . .

1. One testicle for each percent in pay cut from Mesaba pilots.

Maybe foley could take a pay cut of 300,000 a year to make what steenland makes.

Last edited:
YourPilotFriend said:
Maybe foley could take a pay cut of 300,000 a year to make what steenland makes.
Nice try, what makes ya think this will get approved. We'd be out of our mind to take something like this. Mgmt has yet to provide info to even justify any of this bs. At some point you have to say enough is enough, not because you're gonna try to change the industry, but because you have pride...well, maybe a little left in there somewhere

Nice try, what makes ya think this will get approved. We'd be out of our mind to take something like this. Mgmt has yet to provide info to even justify any of this bs. At some point you have to say enough is enough, not because you're gonna try to change the industry, but because you have pride...well, maybe a little left in there somewhere

4. Axel F. and Jinglepants work 14 hour days like the rest of us!

I can honestly say that I sat quietly by the past several weeks to see just what the company was going to do. It is a paper bankrupcy. No backbone to it. A farce. I was waiting for mgmnt to come to their senses. We (the pilots) are not the problem.

Stupid me, I thought this whole bankruptcy thing was nothing more than a ploy to get better aircraft leases and lower vendor costs. Certainly they won't come after us (the pilots) for much, because by in large we already have a poor contract. (Can't wait to see what they come after the Fa's, CSA's for.)

After this latest proposal, it is quite apparent this management has absolutely no (0) respect for the pilots. They think we are idiots. A commodity that they can dictate to. They furlough our ranks at will. They blame our labor cost as a factor for bankruptcy. (Pay us NW!!) They raise our healthcare 50%. Junior manning is outta control. Downgrades seem to be a part of their growth plan. They gut the flight and training departments of hard working, honest managers who love their job and were the ones who made Mesaba a wonderful place to work. ( Thanks for excellent job these past few years- D.L., A.S., C.M., P.K.) Then they come after furloughed newhire Fo's (most have only been here 4 months or less) for $21,000 if they accept employment elsehwhere. I guess they don't need to eat, pay rent, heat their house, have a car, a life, etc.

Now this. How much more are we going to put up with? And what is even more disturbing, they think we will quietly take this and thank them for even having a job. (Stockholm syndrom?)

Well, they got another thing coming.

The SLT must not have heard how angry the sentiment was at the road shows for this joke of a contract to begin with. This will be much, much worse. Now they want to gut this contract for even lower compensation. They have no idea how nasty this is going to get.

I have lost all faith and good will to this mgmnt. They are pure evil. They make the Grinch look like Ghandi. They drew the line in the sand and fully believe we will not cross it.

We will.

Let it burn I say. I love a good fire. (Cue Office Space. "Umm, well ...ok. But this is the last straw....) We will use EVERY legal means in our power to protect our jobs and pay, and if that means Mesaba folds, at least we had a few laughs. I just don't care anymore. After 12 + years here, I just don't care. It is a terrible feeling, one I don't like to have.

I don't think mgmnt thought this entirely through. You threaten someones well being and livelyhood, unexpected things begin to happen.

Enough said. Peace out.

Well said noonan, now I say we go toss some molotov cocktails at the building parked on 1000 Blue Genital Road.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

To SLT. I know you read this board.

Here are my bankruptcy preparations, and I don't even need a BK judge to implement them.

No more bustin my @55 for your precious ontime performance. If things aren't 100%, no way are we going until they are. To the pilot lounge, robin! Come get me when things are ready to go. All legal items of course.

"Fatigue" is going to become common in my vocabulary. Not 1 minute past 15 hrs.

Already have the beer sitting beside the phone so I don't have lie to crew sched. I love the taste of a Bud at 5 am. (Probably gonna have to go with Pabst soon)

1 snowflake, hello de-ice pad! I think I'll need type 4 today.

You get the picture. Time to take the entire FOM / POM literally. See if you can get the BK judge to throw them out, Darth.

Latest resources

Back