Mesaba Interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ChadCRJ

Hey just curious if any one from here did get an interview with Mesaba? Panam Flight Academy said that they hired 20 of their flight instructors... Any truth to that?

Chad

Some of our guys are getting calls right now for interviews, with more expected shortly (though we don't know this for sure), but nobody is headed to Mesaba yet. PAIFA sent in 23 resumes to Mesaba. Hopefully we will all get some good news, and I hope to be lucky enough to be one that gets a call.

Greasy side down

Last edited:
mesaba

dont quote me on this...

but i heard that all of the people that were/are being hired are from directly inside the company--in other departments.

don't know how true this is but I did hear about some program when I was swapped over from 9e to XJ that if you meet their minimums and are replaceable at your current position you get an automatic interview--but this was from a regional manager not someone in flight ops.

I've heard from a friend of the Chief Pilot all the jobs will be filled by the interns at DTW...And the Pan Am thing is most likely **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, how else would they get any one to come to the school with out all the airline hook ups?

To anyone who is hired, it will most likely be a temporary position. Our flying will drop off dramatically in the fall and we'll also start sending back the rest of the A model fleet. With no new aircraft projected to come our way.....you do the math.

I can vouch for "our flying will drop off dramatically in the fall..." I just did a search for my regular flights I usually take in Sept. and Mesaba has already cancelled the choices I've enjoyed for years.

I wrote and got an email from some dude named Brad Mueller explaining that they're cutting back starting in Sept. and how sorry he was...blah, blah, blah.

I wish things were better for you all. I'm doing my best writing letters as "average-joe passenger."

"To anyone who is hired, it will most likely be a temporary position. Our flying will drop off dramatically in the fall and we'll also start sending back the rest of the A model fleet. With no new aircraft projected to come our way.....you do the math."

Saabslime - scary how much the situation at your company mirrors ours. The 45 Dash 8's we have left start going in Sept. with no replacements either.

FYI - the fall schedules are not finalized yet. So we can only speculate what is to happen in the fall.

Passenger - keep in mind NW calls all the shots when it comes to our schedule, where we fly, and when we fly. Send them an email at the "talk to us" section on nwa.com and voice your concern. Or you can call Mesaba at 800-777-6013 and ask for customer relations.

FO

FYI - the fall schedules are not finalized yet. So we can only speculate what is to happen in the fall.

I can only assume you must be fairly new flap operator. Our schedules WILL decrease come fall just as they've done every fall for decades.

Latest resources

Back