• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba inter Florida flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta.com showing SF3 flights from TLH to TPA, MCO and FLL starting in April.

As you can tell from the lack of response this isn't a big subject ;)

Curious though, I fly saabs at XJ and between the ATL stuff and now FL, do we have enough airframes for this? With 45 planes we were seemingly short most of the winter before any of these new routes were added...just seems like we're getting spread out to where only 1 or two write-ups could completely destroy a whole region's schedule, not that any of our guys would write up anything silly at outstations... :rolleyes:

I miss the intra Florida flying at Piedmont back in the day. EYW overnights rocked.

As you can tell from the lack of response this isn't a big subject ;)

Curious though, I fly saabs at XJ and between the ATL stuff and now FL, do we have enough airframes for this? With 45 planes we were seemingly short most of the winter before any of these new routes were added...just seems like we're getting spread out to where only 1 or two write-ups could completely destroy a whole region's schedule, not that any of our guys would write up anything silly at outstations... :rolleyes:

I would have a hard time believing that this flying is going to be in addition to current SF34 flight schedule. It would make sense that capacity would be pulled down in the other hubs to accommodate this.

I would have a hard time believing that this flying is going to be in addition to current SF34 flight schedule. It would make sense that capacity would be pulled down in the other hubs to accommodate this.

Yeah, that's what worries me.

We have 49 saabs, not 45. Some routes that are currently saabs might be better served with jets with the combined airlines. So... they'll likely just upgage stuff and shuffle the saabs where they're necessary. Not a big deal IMO... just new cities.

Enjoy the Florida flying and Florida overnights, especially in January and February. This flying will probably be gone in a few years. It comes and goes.

Latest resources

Back