Mesaba Hockey team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

relief tube

According to the credits of the new movie "Miracle" about the 1980 Olympic Hockey team, one of Mesaba's finest played for the team then.

That's awesome, small world. Thanks for the great game and the inspiration. I'll swing gear for you any day. Continued luck, to you and everyone at Mesaba.

(Great movie too)

yes its true, Steve Christoff and one of the NHL's greatest figthers is a pilot at American Airlines..AL Secord hockey players are smart

yes its true, Steve Christoff and one of the NHL's greatest figthers is a pilot at American Airlines

Actually Steve flies for Mesaba and he's an Avor Captain out of MSP. His brother Dave also flies for us, not AA.

Man, that is really cool!

I was playing hockey 4 days a week when that happened.... Still remember thinking Buffalo winters were fun! Ughhh!

Hope I get to meet him someday!

Yep,

Steve was hired at Mesaba in 1988. His brother was hired a month later.

It was cool to see an F-27 and Theif River Falls in the same scene. Ahh brings back alot of memories. Like waking up at 4:00 am and preflighting an F-27 in minus 30 degree temperatures.

The sadest part of the movie was the fact that Herb Brooks was killed just months before this movie was released.

He died in a single car accident last August. He was driving by himself south on Interstate 35 after returning from the US Hockey Hall of fame near Virginia, MN. He was about 60 miles north of Minneapolis when his vehicle left the road and crashed. Although I am not sure what happened I remember reading in the papers that he may have fallen asleep at the wheel, but how does anybody really know. It was the middle of the afternoon and no drugs or alcohol were involved.

Yeah, that was a tradgedy...he was probably one of the most well known Minnesotan around, especially by anyone who played or was involved with the sport of hockey.

Just saw the movie and noticed the credits as well. Any of you flown with him? I'm an avid hockey fan and remember being glued to the T.V. when we beat the ruskies. That was really an awesome feat. It's great to know one of them is in our ranks. He must be pretty senior if he was hired in 1988.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back