Mesaba Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tk855

I thought you guys at Mesaba were in downsizing mode? I just read a recent interview profile on Aviationinterviews.com. The individual interviewed just this week. Are you losing that many people or something happening?

I just read the exact same thing and was wondering the same... I wonder what the union is gonna think about that..

If I had to guess, someone's just messing around, trying to stir the pot...but who knows?? It is almost as easy to post on aviationinterviews.com as it is on here. Could just be another venue for flamebait.

Very true... The sad part of it is, is that I wouldn't put it past Special Ed to actually hire someone to p!ss off the pilots...

Last edited:
Here's the actual post over there....

Date of interview: January 09, 2006
Date interview was submitted: January 11, 2006
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes
Total flight time: 1120
PIC flight time: 1009
PIC TURBINE flight time: 0
Instrument flight time: 200
Total multi engine flight time: 300
Did someone walk in your application/ resume? no
How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 3
Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes
Are you a MEI? yes Are you an ATP? no
Did you complete the ATP written? no
Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no
How long after you sent your resume were you called? 8 weeks
Do you have a college degree? 2 year
Do you have a military background? yes
What is your current job? cfi What is your age? 39
What aircraft were you assigned? crj
If you were hired what is your training date? February 22, 2006

Interview experience:
Was surprised to get the call for the interview. Went well, lots of HR stuff, sim was very touchy. They said the airline was experiencing many changes right now and that they are starting to come together again. I was told that I was the first interview since the summer time. I look forward to starting class at the end of Feb. Great group of people.

This really doesn't surprise me. Foley, Spanjers, and NWA's bumbling Special Ed are going to try to trash the whole contract. The Seniority List will be one of the items that management will want to throw out. Why pay 15+ year captains when we can pay 1 year captains?

If they can't win that way, then Newco comes in and takes over the routes currently being operated by outdated Saabs/Avros with NWA furloughs at the controls all with Year 1 pay.

Yeah...assigned the CRJ...likely story....

Its true, I too interviewed on 1/9/06 at the Pan Am facility...good bunch of people...everyone seems real nice from management on down. There were about 20 in my interview group. I recommend getting some sim prep though. What a great airline and a great company. Hope I pass my drug test!

Latest resources

Back